It wont be long now!

I think my paperworks moving right along!
submitted January 15
"Your application has completed the evaluation process and has been forwarded to a reviewing officer. Reviews are conducted on all completed evaluations to ensure completeness and accuracy."
T

[quote=TJ;8988]I think my paperworks moving right along!
submitted January 15
"Your application has completed the evaluation process and has been forwarded to a reviewing officer. Reviews are conducted on all completed evaluations to ensure completeness and accuracy."
T[/quote]

This means the evaluatortis done, the next step before approving your for the exam (or printing and mailing if no test is needed) is a supervisor review of the evaluator’s work.

It won’t be long now TJ…

I wonder what the Evaluator-to-Reviewer ratio is? It sounds like a bottleneck to me…

In my experience there is usually less supervisors than people doing the work being supervised. Since you’ve decided this is a bottleneck, what do you consider to be the proper supervisor to worker ratio?

This is only my second run through the system, but,
it seems pretty straight forward. They told me about
60 days and that seems pretty much what it takes.
It seems to work like other things if the price tag
says XX, you can pretty much expect to pay XX.
Just my experience, although, it could be I’m very
good at having my paperwork in order.:smiley:

JD- thanks for the update/ translate.
T

Ah ha, the title was “reviewer” not “supervisor”, certainly a horse of a different color with different job functions. What would I suggest? Train the “evaluators” to a level where they can consistantly perform their jobs without needing their work to be reviewed or at lest reviewed radomly. Or_
:DMaybe a rank system where an “Ordinary Evaluator” has their work reviewed each time until they move-up to “Able Evaluator” where their work is reviewed randomly at say every 15 or so application packages evaluated. Once they are promoted to “Licensed Evaluators” their work is checked more randomly and by a “LE” with more longevity, and all the “LE’s” act as “Reviewers” for the “OE’s” and the “AE’s”; something like that.
All the OE’s, AE’s and LE’s, apply for their positions and their advancements to the next higher position by submitting paperwork to a US Government office in Adak, Alaska because that’s where Alaska’s (former) very senior senator had the new government building built.:slight_smile:

I just checked my status update this morning and it went from “ready to be evaluated PQEB” to “for review”. any takes on how much longer? can’t wait to get some more seatime!

WOW!! NICE WORK USCG WV!!

“The credential you have applied for has been mailed to you on February 24, 2009. Please allow approximately 2-4 business days for U.S.P.S. 1st class mail delivery.”

and being able to check progress online was nice too!

T

Mine went from “review” to “issued” on the same day (Friday 2/28/2009) so like everyone else, 2-4 business days for my 2nd Mate’s. I sent my package in from NY on 1/21/2009. The longest status update was the “in transit” which was 2 weeks. Good Job NMC!:slight_smile: