Youngest Unlimited Master?

I was 34. Anchorman was probably younger.

You’ll need tonnage. I am sure that going the AB route on U/L ships, and when you have time, testing for your 3rds, is probably the quickest route. I went probably the longest route, which I know Anchorman did the same (getting 1600 Master, then going over to 3rd Mate and moving up from there).

About the tonnage, you want to get on some thing that wont get you a tonnage restriction. Worked with a guy who had a 1600 Masters, and a Chief Mate U/L with 1000 ton restriction (might have been 2,000 ton).

I should have mine by 30-32, but inland! You gotta specify what route! FCP to unlimited master is only a year of time. Don’t think I’ll even get it but I could and then do the “crossover” to 2nd oceans if I want “out.”

Pretty sure “Unlimited Master” implies- Master of Steam or Motor Vessels of any gross tons Upon Oceans… It’d be cool to have Sail in addition, but I’ve never met an UL master with just Sail. Limited to Near Coastal is not really Unlimited.

[QUOTE=dgillum214;129544]Pretty sure “Unlimited Master” implies- Master of Steam or Motor Vessels of any gross tons Upon Oceans… It’d be cool to have Sail in addition, but I’ve never met an UL master with just Sail. Limited to Near Coastal is not really Unlimited.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what he was talking about…

I know three u/l masters with sail but they had to work internationally for a very long time to get that. Very rare indeed. Might be some of the only ones in the whole country. Not many companies where you can get that who would even consider hiring an american…