Young determined worker would like to extend his career

Hi everybody,
I am new to this forum and i would like to introduce myself so you guys will have an idea of who i am. My name is David , i am a young hardworking french guy of 21years of age that been working on Alberta’s oilrigs for a year and an half now. I’ve been working on a service rig from June 2012 to March 2013 and on drilling rigs from june 2013 to now. I love my job and i believe that working in this industry have been the most interesting part of my life. Its a dangerous job but i learned so much about it and yes its an hard job but it wont never stop me.

As i am looking for more adventures and experiences, next spring break instead of taking a break like i did last march, i would like to work on boats in the maritimes area. Related about petroleum i don’t think so… I was more interested about commercial fishing as a deckhand or anything like that. The only thing is that i don’t know anything about it ! Would i need anytypes of training to get a job like this ? Would it be possible for me to work on a commercial fishing boat ? Is there any other opportunities in the maritimes that i should be looking for ???

Thank you in advance guys, thank you very much and have a good day !
David