Yet more evidence that our current Administration cares nothing for US workers

Worse if it is McCain. He has ALWAYS been for getting rid of the Jones Act. He has been very vocal about it.

Embarrassed to say its why I voted for Obama the first time around.

[QUOTE=c.captain;113183]I’m a goddamned Democrat and I am sickened to my stomach over how this Administration just continues to give away the store and shove a great fid up the ass of us Americans! This one is a bridge to far but how to tell the USCG that we don’t accept their decision? That has to be done in Federal Court and I am praying that a suit is filed over this by some concerned party be it union or shipyard or enginebuilder or all together!

The sad reality though is that is Romney or McCain were president right now the same waiver would have been given! That is something everyone should bear in mind here![/QUOTE] The really sad reality is that there is only one political party. the redemorats. They are only in it for their own self interest.

[QUOTE=“seadog6608;113218”] The really sad reality is that there is only one political party. the redemorats. They are only in it for their own self interest.[/QUOTE]

That made me think of this picture I had lying around…

[ATTACH]3561[/ATTACH]

Yeah if you own both teams you win every time…

Now there’s this massive giveaway to the detriment of all of us American mariners!

[B]Exporting LNG: Are U.S. Mariners Included?[/B]

The Administration should make the employment of U.S. crews part of the LNG permitting process.

By Denise Krepp June 25, 2013

The United States will soon be in the business of exporting liquid natural gas. This LNG will be exported on foreign flagged and foreign-crewed tankers, therein making a significant profit for foreign owned companies. U.S. tankers and U.S. crews will not be part of this process absent direct involvement from the Obama Administration. The Administration has indicated that it may support U.S. flag fleet participation but more must be done to ensure that U.S. vessels and crews are employed.

During a recent hearing before the House Transportation and Infrastructure Coast Guard and Maritime Infrastructure, Deputy Secretary Porcari told Chairman Hunter and Ranking Member Garamendi that future jobs for U.S. mariners will be found in the energy sector. He did not give the members a plan on how mariners will be used and instead stated that “we need to get there”. The lack of details was troubling to many in the audience as the Administration did not use U.S. vessels and crews during the recent release of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and there is no indication of how the Administration will do so to move future energy shipments.

Employing U.S. mariners to transport LNG and other energy products is not a new idea. Former Maritime Administrator Sean Connaughton, a Bush era political appointee, approved several offshore LNG facility siting applications. His approval was contingent upon the applicant’s employing U.S. mariners aboard vessels used to service the facilities. Administrator Connaughton called the employment practice a “sound public policy” and commended the companies for complying with the U.S. crewing arrangements.

Sadly, the Obama Administration has not adopted the same clear standard. The Department of Energy Office of Fossil Energy recently received a comment requesting that the Department condition its approval of an LNG export application to the use of U.S. mariners. DOE declined to do so stating that the request had “far-reaching consequences,” “inadequate support,” and lacked an analysis of “the consistency of such a requirement with trade policy and law.”

Congress provided specific direction to the executive branch about the use of U.S. LNG tankers in 2006. Section 304 of the Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2006 tasks the Secretary of Transportation with “develop(ing) and implement(ing) a program to promote the transportation of liquid natural gas to the United States on United States flag vessels.” Then Maritime Administrator Connaughton used this authority to put U.S. crews on LNG import vessels and the Obama Administration could use the same authority for exportation.

The placement of U.S. crews aboard LNG export vessels will involve multiple agencies and departments. These entities include the Maritime Administration, the Coast Guard, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the Department of Energy. Each of these entities has its own policies and procedures. Their procedures will all need to be updated if the overarching Administration’s policy, as stated by Deputy Secretary Porcari, is to place U.S. mariners aboard vessels transporting U.S. energy products.

A comprehensive plan to utilize U.S. mariners and vessels must be finalized in the next couple of months. The Administration is currently reviewing over 20 applications for LNG export facilities and the crewing and vessel requirements must be in place before the applications are approved. Applicants will strenuously object to any extra requirements that are placed upon them after formal approval is given. The Administration was criticized for not requiring U.S. crews and mariners before approving SPR contracts several years ago. Hopefully, the Administration has learned that it must definitively act before the ink is dry.

Yeah Mr. President…why the hell aren’t you protecting our jobs and enhancing our industry? We’re waiting…

What a farce. Any U.S mariner who voted for this boil on the hind-quarters of the american people should just put their license in the paper shredder because that’s what the rest of us are going to have to do if this keeps up. The maritime unions should be tarred and feathered for influencing their members to blindly wander down this path to the slaughter house for our industry.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;113361]What a farce. Any U.S mariner who voted for this boil on the hind-quarters of the american people should just put their license in the paper shredder because that’s what the rest of us are going to have to do if this keeps up. The maritime unions should be tarred and feathered for influencing their members to blindly wander down this path to the slaughter house for our industry.[/QUOTE]

It’s not just the unions that can be blamed but all of us who do not fight the loss of our livelihoods yet it is hardly just us mariners that are simply shrugging our collective shoulders. Most of the rest of the American workforce is doing the same. Why is there no popular movement in this country to just represent all of us who are falling steadily farther and farther behind while much of the rest of the world (mainly Asia) marches onward and upward? ALL AMERICAN WORKERS SHOULD BAND TOGETHER IN THEIR OWN FORM OF A “TEA PARTY” TO DEMAND THE BUMS BE THROWN OUT ON THEIR EARS! Instead we complain and watch NFL football and Pawn Stars and America’s Got Talent and Hollywood Blockbuster quasianimated superhero action flicks and think we all have a “good enough” life with a plastic made in China swimming pool and a Chinese BBQ we bought cheap at WalMart. The masses are for the most part lethargic and stoopid and we’ll never get what we won’t fight for!

I cannot lead a revolution because I am a small man with a small voice BUT I SURE AS HELL COULD JOIN ONE AND ADD MY SMALL VOICE TO THAT OF ALL MY FELLOW AMERICAN WORKERS TO CREATE ONE MASSIVE VOICE THAT ALL COULD HEAR LOUD AND CLEAR!

rant out…

rant on again…

not to go all Soviet/Marxist on y’all but there was a time when the backbone of American society was based on the industrial might of this great nation to turn its abundant raw materials and energy into products which we sold not just to ourselves but to the world. That foundation was immortalized by that commie pinko Diego Rivera in his many murals such as this one here

yes, men and women toiled long hours sometimes at less than fair pay but there were factories and foundries and shipyards in the land then and the towns and cities that had these industrial plants all had taxbases which supported schools, hospitals and highways. Honest labor is the backbone of honest society but today our government seems to support neither and we are left with this as a result:

This giveaway of the repowering these two ships like this may be a small cut but our once great nations is bleeding everyday from a hundred thousand small cuts like this and many large wounds as well all self inflicted by once single enemy within…

WALL STREET & THE MASSIVE INVESTMENT BANKS!

who if anyone will ever lead an Army of the People to defeat them and their agenda to take over all the wealth of the Nation?

rant out…again

Yesterday, 01:41 PM ETExxon (XOM +0.3%) reportedly pays a near-record $100K per day to charter the American Phoenix oil tanker from Koch Shipping. The vessel was supposedly the only available Jones Act tanker available for lease and the price paid “suggests the market remains tight,” Reuters says.