Write Trump Now

Some dangerous “terrorists” trying to escape from the US being stopped at the Canadian border: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ca…-idUSKBN15W2GN
Trump cannot allow anybody escaping deportation to “wherever they came from”.
Time to build a wall on the Northern border as well?

Of cause he also has to watch out for anybody who transit at an American airport that have visited dangerous places, like Iran, in the last decade or so: https://www.theguardian.com/football...nied-entry-usa

Even worse, this fellow could be trying to sneak in to teach Americans how to play the dangerous game called football. (Un-American activity??)

PS> Some advice for those looking for a Trump-free country to relocate to: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170123-meet-the-people-leaving-trumps-america

Don’t worry about us, Herr Bugge. We, too, have Ikea.

Better order a few thousand Km of the best IKEA Border Wall made in China a.s.a.p.
It will be needed to keep the treat of an unwanted invasion: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170123-meet-the-people-leaving-trumps-america

PS> Ask Trump to pay at least half. He may be willing to do so if he wants to keep SOME people to work for him.

Its so ironic how the most bellicose political know- it-alls in our country instantly become the most cowardly little lions of all when things don't go their way. Abandoning literally everything they know, all their causes that they argued so strongly for, even giving up their homeland. Its best for the rest of us that they leave as they really have no substance.    Here's the upshot.....the little snowflakes are shocked, SHOCKED to learn that other countries don't necessarily have the "open boarder" policy that they wanted so badly for the US, where they can just waltz in on the weight of "Advanced degree" and intellectual sensibilities and take up immediate residency.SURPRISE! You have to wait in line, pay the man, and integrate. Poor you!

One of things that grinds my gears is having to accommodate all the different languages. I like how they bum rush our border, take up residence then I gotta learn their language. If I was moving somewhere with the ultimate goal of being a citizen I would make every effort to learn their language. Makes me wanna move to Norway and become an elitist liberal without learning the language.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;195393]One of things that grinds my gears is having to accommodate all the different languages. I like how they bum rush our border, take up residence then I gotta learn their language. If I was moving somewhere with the ultimate goal of being a citizen I would make every effort to learn their language. Makes me wanna move to Norway and become an elitist liberal without learning the language.[/QUOTE]

Nobody expect you to learn any other languages, even if you move to Norway or anywhere else. The natives MAY speak as good English as you, or at least a lot of people claiming to be “native English speakers”.

I reminded an American on a rig in Indonesia complaining that the “damn foreigners” (Indonesians) didn’t understand his Southern drawl, that HE was the foreigner there. (Blank look)

BTW most of the people in America today was once “refugees” that came from somewhere else and spoke all different languages before being assimilated, as will present day refugees. [B]THAT IS AMERICA"S STRENGTH!!![/B]

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;195388]Its so ironic how the most bellicose political know- it-alls in our country instantly become the most cowardly little lions of all when things don’t go their way. Abandoning literally everything they know, all their causes that they argued so strongly for, even giving up their homeland. Its best for the rest of us that they leave as they really have no substance. Here’s the upshot…the little snowflakes are shocked, SHOCKED to learn that other countries don’t necessarily have the “open boarder” policy that they wanted so badly for the US, where they can just waltz in on the weight of “Advanced degree” and intellectual sensibilities and take up immediate residency.SURPRISE! You have to wait in line, pay the man, and integrate. Poor you![/QUOTE]

Do you really believe this? Not many countries have a Bureau of Consular Affairs similar to the US that keep statistics, and make them public. It’s not that difficult to find 1 in 500,000 that were going to leave anyway, and to frame that for political reasons depeding on their political disposition, especially knowing the political disposition of most reporters. The real story would be writing about how Rosie O’Donnel actually left the planet (as promised), not only how that was successfully executed, but how she managed to feed herself in outerspace.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;195393]One of things that grinds my gears is having to accommodate all the different languages. I like how they bum rush our border, take up residence then I gotta learn their language. If I was moving somewhere with the ultimate goal of being a citizen I would make every effort to learn their language. Makes me wanna move to Norway and become an elitist liberal without learning the language.[/QUOTE]

In Norway you have to prove profecieny in their native language, or (300 hours) miminum language course requirement with a “pass” for citizenship consideration.

That’s all well and good but I feel it’s my human right to live in Norway. I just wanna be a citizen and if they wanna speak to me they can just speak Murican to me. I wanna enjoy their free stuff but not keen on conforming to their way of life.

[QUOTE=anchorman;195403]In Norway you have to prove profecieny in their native language, or (300 hours) miminum language course requirement with a “pass” for citizenship consideration.[/QUOTE]

Denmark is similar. An American friend of mine married a Dane and moved there. She had to do a lot of classes and exams to learn the language as a condition of her immigration, as I understand it.

We have a lot of stories in out news right now of people who were in the US illegally walking over the border without going through immigration so that they can claim refugee status here. If they go through the normal boarder crossing points they will be turned away, where-as if they manage to cross illegally they can start the asylum process. I’m not an immigration lawyer, but that’s how its being explained in the papers. I haven’t heard anything about an invasion of educated, trump-hating liberals: it seems to be mostly undocumented people who have been living in the US and are now afraid that they will be deported or put in camps or something. They are being given the advice that they are safer from that kind of thing in American sanctuary cities than they are here, however.

Did you think the article made me think this was a major phenomenon? Of course not. Its a couple mouthy dumbasses who talked to a “reporter” who authored a fluff conversation piece. My opinion about these few dumbos, and anyone who joins them, stands.

It use to be that Immigrants in America wanted to assimilate and become Americans. For years the liberal elites have pursued a policy that immigrants don’t need to assimilate, that Immigrants can keep there foreign culture, and Americas must learn to tolerate and accommodate it.

Canada has a very smart immigration system. Immigrants are chosen according to a point system. Lots of points for fluency in English (or French), and lots more points for advanced education. Unlike America, very few points for having family already in country. In other words, the expect Immigrants to be able to read, write, listen, and speak English (or French) before they arrive. That’s an idea that is long overdue in the US.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;195411]It use to be that Immigrants in America wanted to assimilate and become Americans. For years the liberal elites have pursued a policy that immigrants don’t need to assimilate, that Immigrants can keep there foreign culture, and Americas must learn to tolerate and accommodate it.

Canada has a very smart immigration system. Immigrants are chosen according to a point system. Lots of points for fluency in English (or French), and lots more points for advanced education. Unlike America, very few points for having family already in country. In other words, the expect Immigrants to be able to read, write, listen, and speak English (or French) before they arrive. That’s an idea that is long overdue in the US.[/QUOTE]

This isn’t very accurate. We have monoligual, non-english-speaking, nonfrancophone populations. For example: if you only speak Chinese and you live in Toronto, you may get by just fine. We also have this idea that we are not a melting-pot. That analogy doesn’t work for us, and if I may offer an opinion: it doesn’t serve the US very well, either. “One-of-us or one-of-our-enemies” tends to make a lot of enemies. If we don’t accommodate each other’s cultures, we have fewer friends, learn fewer things, eat bland germano-anglo food, and piss people off.

We don’t think of ourselves as a melting pot, but we still have a unified identity. We think of ourselves as a mosaic or a patchwork: more beautiful, interesting, and valuable because of the distinctness and cultural richness of our citizens.

Its like a marriage: the most brittle unions have this expectation that the other person is perfect and perfectly suited to you, and always will be. Even if that’s true at the outset, people are always changing, which can lead to conflict, disappointment, resentment, and a feeling of being stifled. Where-as the strongest marriages are between people who have an on-going, active curiosity with the other person and the changes that they are living, and who allow each other to be who they are. Even more, they protect the “space” that the other person needs to be who they are.

In Alberta, where my home-town is, have towns and villages that have preserved the cultures, food, and sometimes languages of their original settlers. We all eat Ukrainian food now: every diner, grocery store, and cafeteria has perogies. Why? Because they’re delicious, and because we love our Ukrainian neighbours. Just as an example.

We’re not above the typical human xenophobia and, like everything else in this world, our culture is changing. Like everyone, we consume a lot of the US’s cultural products, and it isn’t always a healthy diet. But there’s something very unCanadian about fear and hatred of other cultures. I feel that it’s antithetical to our political identity.

Edit: I don’t mean to paint American’s with so broad a brush. Houston, for example. I’ve spent a lot of time in Houston, and what I love about that city is its get-along-with-your-neighbour attitude and its STAGGERING diversity. You can get the finest example of any cuisine in the world day or night in Houston. Their hiphop scene all them, nothing like what you hear on the radio. Their arts scene is fresh and surprising. People are friendly and open-hearted outside of their ethnic groups. And they ALWAYS serve salsa with eggs for breakfast: like civilized people do. Under-rated gem of a city.

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;195410]Did you think the article made me think this was a major phenomenon? Of course not. Its a couple mouthy dumbasses who talked to a “reporter” who authored a fluff conversation piece. My opinion about these few dumbos, and anyone who joins them, stands.[/QUOTE]

Stands? Good, beautiful. I had no opinion otherwise.

[QUOTE=anchorman;195403]In Norway you have to prove profecieny in their native language, or (300 hours) miminum language course requirement with a “pass” for citizenship consideration.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is true, but only if you want to change your Citizenship to Norwegian: http://www.nyinorge.no/en/Familiegjenforening/New-in-Norway/Moving-to-Norway/Citizenship/

You can live and work in Norway as long as you want on resident permit, (similar to US “Green Card”) which give the same rights and obligations as Citizenship, except you cannot vote in General Elections (Local elections only) and you are not eligible for the military draft. (Not sure if you can volunteer though)

There are many thousand permanent residents in Norway who maintain their original citizenship, also some that hold US or Canadian Citizenships. If you want to be one of them, here is a useful place for info: https://www.internations.org/norway-expats/americans

Some Americans living in Norway have got an incentive to change lately, though: http://www.smp.no/nyheter/2016/11/10/Leverer-inn-sitt-amerikanske-pass-13769886.ece

[QUOTE=Emrobu;195414]This isn’t very accurate. We have monoligual, non-english-speaking, nonfrancophone populations. For example: if you only speak Chinese and you live in Toronto, you may get by just fine. We also have this idea that we are not a melting-pot. That analogy doesn’t work for us, and if I may offer an opinion: it doesn’t serve the US very well, either. “One-of-us or one-of-our-enemies” tends to make a lot of enemies. If we don’t accommodate each other’s cultures, we have fewer friends, learn fewer things, eat bland germano-anglo food, and piss people off.

We don’t think of ourselves as a melting pot, but we still have a unified identity. We think of ourselves as a mosaic or a patchwork: more beautiful, interesting, and valuable because of the distinctness and cultural richness of our citizens.

Its like a marriage: the most brittle unions have this expectation that the other person is perfect and perfectly suited to you, and always will be. Even if that’s true at the outset, people are always changing, which can lead to conflict, disappointment, resentment, and a feeling of being stifled. Where-as the strongest marriages are between people who have an on-going, active curiosity with the other person and the changes that they are living, and who allow each other to be who they are. Even more, they protect the “space” that the other person needs to be who they are.

In Alberta, where my home-town is, have towns and villages that have preserved the cultures, food, and sometimes languages of their original settlers. We all eat Ukrainian food now: every diner, grocery store, and cafeteria has perogies. Why? Because they’re delicious, and because we love our Ukrainian neighbours. Just as an example.

We’re not above the typical human xenophobia and, like everything else in this world, our culture is changing. Like everyone, we consume a lot of the US’s cultural products, and it isn’t always a healthy diet. But there’s something very unCanadian about fear and hatred of other cultures. I feel that it’s antithetical to our political identity.

Edit: I don’t mean to paint American’s with so broad a brush. Houston, for example. I’ve spent a lot of time in Houston, and what I love about that city is its get-along-with-your-neighbour attitude and its STAGGERING diversity. You can get the finest example of any cuisine in the world day or night in Houston. Their hiphop scene all them, nothing like what you hear on the radio. Their arts scene is fresh and surprising. People are friendly and open-hearted outside of their ethnic groups. And they ALWAYS serve salsa with eggs for breakfast: like civilized people do. Under-rated gem of a city.[/QUOTE]

In Richmond, Vancouver, you may have more problem if you DON’T speak Cantonese.

What is surprising is that two of the main Immigrant countries in the world, USA and Australia, has developed an anti-immigrant mindset lately in a large portion of the population, although they are themselves of immigrant stock. While others, like Canada and New Zealand, is more open to multiculturalism, multilingualism and multi religious beliefs.

Traditionally monocultural, multilingual Europe has managed to a large degree to accept the inevitable, that immigration is necessary to maintain the population in an aging society, although anti-immigrant attitude is becoming more prevalent in some quarters. But it is still not strong in the general population in Scandinavia, Europe, or in much of America. The exception is in the UK, where they even reject immigrants from the rest of Europe, while Brits are among the most prominent Expats in the rest of Europe and the world.
Attitude; “THEY should just stay home, while WE should be able to live where we want”!! (Imperialism??)

Having lived most of my life in multiracial, multicultural, multilingual and multi religious Singapore, I have had no problem accepting, or being accepted in a “society of multitudes”.
Likewise, having worked around the world, with all kinds of people, I have no problem with accepting that race or nationality is NOT a qualification, or a divider.

Back in 1978-80 I was Captain on an American owned and operated Drillship with 19 different nationalities in the regular crew of 35 -40.(+ Local crew and Service hands)
Nationality was NOT an issue, only your ability to do your work well and not being an a**hole.

Mixing of nationalities onboard were a deliberate policy by the Management, not an “accident”, thus avoiding any “Us and Them” attitudes and conflicts. When we one time got too many of one nationality they started to form a “gang” in the messhall and recroom. We transferred some to another rig to restore balance.

In my many years around this man’s oilfield, I have found that mixed crews are a better solution than all of the same kind. That goes for rigs, boats and barges, or whatever, incl. in in shore based management.

It is far too broad a statement to say that UK rejects immigrants from the rest of Europe. Up to now the Brits have religiously followed the EU rules on the movement of people, which has been part of the problem, because the rest of Europe has managed to avoid following them directly. I am a director of a marine consultancy in Aberdeen which has employed people from India, Pakistan, Poland, Greece and Nigeria as well as Brits. Indeed we would employ anyone with the right skills. My wife, who is a Spaniard was able to work as a teacher in UK in the state system, which actually she is unable to do in Spain. We don’t know how it will pan out after Brexit, but the indications are that it is not going to be quite as it appears today. Some businesses say that they would fail without the availability of immigrant workers.

[QUOTE=Gryhpe;195430]It is far too broad a statement to say that UK rejects immigrants from the rest of Europe. Up to now the Brits have religiously followed the EU rules on the movement of people, which has been part of the problem, because the rest of Europe has managed to avoid following them directly. I am a director of a marine consultancy in Aberdeen which has employed people from India, Pakistan, Poland, Greece and Nigeria as well as Brits. Indeed we would employ anyone with the right skills. My wife, who is a Spaniard was able to work as a teacher in UK in the state system, which actually she is unable to do in Spain. We don’t know how it will pan out after Brexit, but the indications are that it is not going to be quite as it appears today. Some businesses say that they would fail without the availability of immigrant workers.[/QUOTE]

Aberdeen is one of those wonderful cities, like Houston. Aberdonians are the best. Maybe there’s something unappreciated and deeply good about oil city cultures. My feeling is that its the coming together of the world’s engineers and skilled trades people who are solidly focused on mega-projects and frankly, having a good time. When I first visited Aberdeen, I learned the word ‘craic.’ Oilfield craic is the best. Oilfield “trash” are the best. How could an outsider know that internationally staffed mega-projects are the cure for xenophobia? It has to be because the nature of the work means that you don’t go home at 1700 everyday. You eat, and play, and work, and travel with the mix of people that you’re thrown in with: getting along and being curious about people is a survival skill for us.

[QUOTE=Gryhpe;195430]It is far too broad a statement to say that UK rejects immigrants from the rest of Europe. Up to now the Brits have religiously followed the EU rules on the movement of people, which has been part of the problem, because the rest of Europe has managed to avoid following them directly. I am a director of a marine consultancy in Aberdeen which has employed people from India, Pakistan, Poland, Greece and Nigeria as well as Brits. Indeed we would employ anyone with the right skills. My wife, who is a Spaniard was able to work as a teacher in UK in the state system, which actually she is unable to do in Spain. We don’t know how it will pan out after Brexit, but the indications are that it is not going to be quite as it appears today. Some businesses say that they would fail without the availability of immigrant workers.[/QUOTE]

UK is STILL a member of EU and have no choice on that subject yet. They also has a lot of migrants from the Commonwealth countries that still have British citizenship that get priority treatment. (They tried to stop that “loophole” during the exodus from East Africa in the early 1970s though)

As you say; “you would employ anybody with the right skills”. As a long standing Marine Consultant & Surveyor I can appreciate that sentiment. If you were restricted to the smaller pool of qualified Brits you would have a serious problem.

The way I see it, qualified Brits, or anybody else who want to work from Aberdeen, should be able to do so. Likewise they should be able to work anywhere else in the world that need their services.

I have worked along those lines for 40+ years, as have many of my British, American and other nationality colleagues and competitors. It is called THE FREE MARKET. If you have the skills required and are willing to take the “hardship” of working abroad, why not??

President Trump is a revolutionary Person.