What are my chances for MT?

Got Accepted

[QUOTE=SSG33;97211]Got Accepted[/QUOTE]

Let me be the first to say congrats! You should have a good experience. I have been following CMA on Facebook and they seem to have exploded in the last few years with all the new buildings, simulators and now a new dining hall. Much better than my day. Have fun and good luck. You will get what you put in.

Oh and what major did you end up getting into?

Thanks! Marine Transportation.

So they ask if i want to live in a dorm or on the TS Golden Bear… Any pros/cons of living onboard?

well you will live in both i didn’t have a choice and went to the ship first semester. ship rooms are smaller but showers are shared between just two rooms. each room can hold three but will only have 2, the inside rooms have one apiece. Upper res bigger room normal college dorm shower setup better wifi. i liked the ship better but that was most likely because i hate these stairs

don’t live on the ship!

When I was there nobody lived on the ship during the school year. Now that they have grown I guess they need to. For me 2 60 days stretches on the Bear was about all I could take.

[QUOTE=brjones;97307]When I was there nobody lived on the ship during the school year. Now that they have grown I guess they need to. For me 2 60 days stretches on the Bear was about all I could take.[/QUOTE]

You done well, and are still doing likewise, you had your Dad, how could you ever not do likewise?

Kings Point needs to find its way back to the fold. Don’t hold your breath.

[QUOTE=brjones;97307]When I was there nobody lived on the ship during the school year. Now that they have grown I guess they need to. For me 2 60 days stretches on the Bear was about all I could take.[/QUOTE]
Were not in lower berthing or anything we are on the 01 and 02 aft house and they’re supposed to finish refurbishing the rooms while were in dry dock this summer. The mate was in my room looking at what they were going to do exactly. It’s not even an option though i would have preferred living on the ship this semester.

When I was sailing up to PAT in Martinez I would always head out on deck to look at the campus and always seen the new work going on. It wasn’t until a few months ago after getting a physical in Oakland did I get a chance to drive thru and check it out. Wow have they been busy there. That new res hall in Bodnar looks real nice. I didn’t go inside but I bet its nicer than old and new res. The only down side would be walking back to the room after class. It was bad enough getting to old res. As for the Bear, It would have been nice to go and look around but I didn’t get a chance. They sure have added a lot to that ship since I was on her.

Yeah they are pretty nice rooms. Seemed small though

If you live on the ship you have to log in any visitors and I think they have to be off by a certain time frame. Also you can’t have any fun with a bed the size if a coffin just sayin…

[QUOTE=rshrew;97346]If you live on the ship you have to log in any visitors and I think they have to be off by a certain time frame. Also you can’t have any fun with a bed the size if a coffin just sayin…[/QUOTE]
Not like there are any girls here. If she’s from off campus it would be better to go there for the weekend. But yes it is like a coffin yet something was cozy about it. All visitors have to be off by midnight its the 20-24 watches job to get them all off before they can leave. Yes they are tiny rooms.

I was also accepted a couple of weeks ago, where did you go to find out information regarding housing?

[QUOTE=jshrz;97408]I was also accepted a couple of weeks ago, where did you go to find out information regarding housing?[/QUOTE]
https://www.csum.edu/web/campus-life/information-for-new-students Does that help?

How did you get accepted a few weeks ago? And theres a link in the acceptance letter that has a 39 page document with info on what to do next.

I was at the new sim for radar renewal a few years ago. Huge improvement over what the had when I was there. Money well spent. I wished they used the facilities more for extended education courses like shiphandling, BRM, etc.

[QUOTE=cali deckie;97449]https://www.csum.edu/web/campus-life/information-for-new-students Does that help?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I am talking about Mass Maritime, maybe i misread something.