Watch turn over

What is the proper time to show up for bridge watch ? Some say 15 minutes and some say 30 minutes before your watch starts. I can’t find It in the CFR’s

not in the CFRs at all but by agreement and custom…15 to 20 minutes before the hour is my number

and if the BOOB can’t do that, urinating on him in his bunk is appropriate

[QUOTE=c.captain;149606]not in the CFRs at all but by agreement and custom…15 to 20 minutes before the hour is my number

and if the BOOB can’t do that, urinating on him in his bunk is appropriate[/QUOTE]

And if there isn’t a separate wheel watch, a hot cup of coffee in hand is always appreciated. . . .

30 minutes is plenty time for the relief to get acquainted with what’s going on.

10 minutes before 8 bells works for me for the last 38 yrs. I can not recall any complaints.

Just early enough that you know you’re getting off before the top of the hour is good enough for me.

I believe it takes about 30 minutes to do a proper turnover. So as long as it is constant I wouldn’t have a problem. If my relief shows up 1730, I show up at 0530 and if he get there at 1745 I get there at 0545. But we both must understand that we will both be there 15 minutes past the hour. So we don’t rush the turnover.

Usually do 10 mins to the hour, however if you know your gonna be in high traffic area with a lot of stuff going on, I would recommend coming up a bit early to get a grasp on what’s going on. It’s all situational awareness.