Virginia Marine info

Has anyone been able to make contact with the job posted here. The email address is no good. I’m looking for any info on the boat and the company or info on other Fairbanks Morse Tugs out there, not many left.

Chief Engineer Limited – Virginia Marine
Home » Offshore Jobs, Sailing Jobs Submitted on Friday, 13 August 2010

Virginia Marine is seeking a Chief Engineer Limited onboard the American Lady, a 143′ tug. She has twin Fairbanks Morse 38 81/8 engines. Could be trip work or permanent position. Please contact captainrjrusso@yahoo.com
No related posts.

[QUOTE=Ak.Yeti;42358]Has anyone been able to make contact with the job posted here. The email address is no good. I’m looking for any info on the boat and the company or info on other Fairbanks Morse Tugs out there, not many left.

Chief Engineer Limited – Virginia Marine
Home » Offshore Jobs, Sailing Jobs Submitted on Friday, 13 August 2010

Virginia Marine is seeking a Chief Engineer Limited onboard the American Lady, a 143′ tug. She has twin Fairbanks Morse 38 81/8 engines. Could be trip work or permanent position. Please contact captainrjrusso@yahoo.com
No related posts.[/QUOTE]

This broker appears to be selling it. http://www.frankshipbrokers.com/Tugs.html Interesting that is the same deisel that were (are) on USN Submarines.

Those were the main engines found on the old US NAVY YTBs as well.
It’s funny the sh!t we remember, the firing order of the pistons was: 1, 8, 7, 3, 5, 9, 4, 2, 10, 6

tug American Lady was built in 1944…that engineer should have his hands full…last vessel I worked on that age was full of cement…had about as much steel in the hull as a spam can…It was older that me and that’s old…talk about a “tugasauras”!!!

…I know… been there, done that…From what I’ve seen, if the FM engines are still in then the rest of the boat is ready for a major…everything. Thanks for replying.

The American Lady is tied up just down river from the St. Bernard ferry on the river. Her insides have been remodeled and is extremley nice…Can NOT say the same for the engines. For more info you may e-mail me at captainsteven69@yahoo.com I do not use this mail often so it may take a while to get back to you. And yes she is for sale/sail…Har Har Har