Video of Tor Viking II Taking Golden Sea under Tow in 20 ft Sea

‘Tor Viking II’ Rescues Disabled Cargo Ship from Bering Sea

Watching this video sends chills down my spine. The first attempt to pass the lines is at 3:15 or so but the whole video is worth a watch.

I always wonder why Shell didn’t use this incident for good PR for their Alaska drilling program. I would have had that video and story on every major news outlet. The only reason the Viking was up there is because she was working for Shell. Without them wanting to drill up there that ship would have been on the rocks for sure.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;147874]‘Tor Viking II’ Rescues Disabled Cargo Ship from Bering Sea

Watching this video sends chills down my spine. The first attempt to pass the lines is at 3:15 or so but the whole video is worth a watch.[/QUOTE]

nice to know that someone knows how to work at sea in an Alaskan winter…pity is wasn’t an American vessel

c.captain beat me to it. While I am in awe of the jobs these men did, I have to wonder why there was not a US Vessel there?

Anyone that has been to sea on Tugs know that the worse ride is when running light and I am sure those guys had the crap kicked out of them.

The swedes are good seamen! And wonderful people to work with in small quantities :slight_smile:

The Canadian,s wondered why an American tug the Barbara Foss rescued the Shimishur off of Queen Charlotte Island. Nearest available tug is the one that gets the call.