USS Milwaukee Broke Down and undTow

Roll tide!!!

Unfortunately my iPhone won’t do it but someone post a pic of Boss Hawg from Dukes of Hazzard. A suitable representation of a AL politician keeping Austal in business.

Thanks Fraq.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;176027]Yes. We all know that Christian is an American Citizen. This approach is nothing new. Bernt has been an American citizen for 25 years. Kjell Inge’s long game in America has been in effect for a long time. He made his initial fortune in America by combining American opportunity in an undercapitalized industry with readily available Norwegian financing designed to support struggling industries and social programs in Norway. Many Norwegians have done very well in America with help from the Norwegian Government. For his second act, Kjell Inge took American capitalism home to Norge and grabbed control of the venerable old Norwegian firm Aker in a hostile takeover. Probably the first hostile takeover in Norway since the Vikings.

Are you from Aalesund?[/QUOTE]

I am.

Here is the first fishing boat KIR served on as an Oiler:

Original name; F/T Labrador. Home port; Aalesund. Presently Russian owned.

[QUOTE=eThib;175987]In case anyone’s interested, the Milwaukee is still here in Little Creek, getting a steady stream of shipyard workers on/off every day. I’m ready for it to leave. It spoils my morning coffee-in-the-wheelhouse view.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a big job. If they’re looking at software I guess they suspect clutch engage controls were not being operated properly/fully. Kind of thing you’d catch at commissioning / sea trials one would think.

http://news.usni.org/2016/01/11/lockheed-martin-navy-have-not-determined-if-failure-that-sidelined-uss-milwaukee-is-a-class-wide-issue

[QUOTE=KPChief;177207]Looks like a big job. If they’re looking at software I guess they suspect clutch engage controls were not being operated properly/fully. Kind of thing you’d catch at commissioning / sea trials one would think.

http://news.usni.org/2016/01/11/lockheed-martin-navy-have-not-determined-if-failure-that-sidelined-uss-milwaukee-is-a-class-wide-issue[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one would think. . . .and now the Austal ships having structural problems? Methinks that the Navy should be looking at their marine engineering vetting process. . . .