Upgrade from Mate--CG no help

I have a Mate 500-Inland and a First Class Pilot license. I want to upgrade to 500 Master-inland. Do I have to take the same tests that I’ve already taken for both my Mate and FCP again or can I submit my sea time and ship trips? I asked the CG and all they said to apply and find out.