Ukraine

Sanctions affect normal delivery of food and other necessities to the Russians and Ukrainians that live in Barentsburg on Spitsbergen, Svalbard:

That probably includes sunblock cream, since Svalbard has 24 hrs./d sunshine and +15C at the moment.

Update:

Begining of something useful??:

Who got but hertz at my comment on May 15th? haha It still looks like Russia is mopping the floor. How many more billions should get spent? Anyone one know what the definition of insanity is? good grief

You worry about money???
I would rather ask; how many more innocent people are going to die, Ukrainians and Russians?
How many children need to live as refugees, away from their Father, Grandparents, family, friends and the places they are used to?

Yes, I think you defined it. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

As many billions as it takes.

2 Likes

Every day the Ukrainians get stronger, with some of the best weapons in the world flooding into them, gratis. Every day the Russians get weaker, and spend their oil money rearming with old tech, at inflated prices.

The Russians are losing men. Had to scrap their age limits for recruitment. Whereas the Ukraine devoted all but the youngest and oldest men to the fight from the beginning. Millions, who have a reason to fight, and who every day are better trained and more experienced. Home court advantage.

Historical analogue: The British kicked American ass for 5 years beginning in 1775, and captured American cities. World commodity prices rose. Plainly, it was insane to fight against a superpower. The tide turned when another superpower (France) donated cash, weapons, and advisors to the Americans. Even then the war dragged on another 3 years

Putin may need a bigger mop…

4 Likes

Is this an electrical question?

2 Likes

I found it shocking, myself.

2 Likes

I get a buzz out of some of the responses.

1 Like

Let me guess, cnn is always on in the mess room? Or is the potable water contaminated?
Here is a blog for the others who want to know.

In fact the west has shot itself in the foot on this one. Maybe just keep redrawing imaginary lines in the sand. Hey if it didn’t work the first time, do it again and again. Well i’m off to take a few boosters so I can virtual signal to my co-workers. JJ, moderna heck whatever I can find. Same people post here every day it seems, must be laid up I wrecken with a overloaded suspenders and belt.

I am currently alternating between laughter and boredom.

1 Like

So you hertz about 60?
I wrecken you’ll be OK.

1 Like

Some guys show resistance to grammar 'n spellin 'n such.

Not their fault and I hope they have a sense of humor. I don’t have much patience with bad ciphering but diction and spelling gets a pass.

1 Like

I try to conduct myself with humor. It insulates me from the sad state of the world. But bound to generate hertz feelings in some people.

3 Likes

I agree, it’s not always their volt.

1 Like

If they had a spark of reason, they would realize they need to be more grounded individuals.

1 Like

New vaccine side effect: puns

1 Like

Watt the hell are you talking about?

1 Like

It is sad to see this resistance to such a current and isolated thought process.

2 Likes