UK Citizen living in USA with Green Card wanting to work in USA

As it says in the title, how would i go about getting my current UK CoC recognized by any American employer or the USCG whatever the case may be. I have a 2nd Engineers ticket and i am looking for something a little closer to home as i am currently working out of Singapore and West Africa, any help i can get would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=AHTS & PSV ENG;46289]As it says in the title, how would i go about getting my current UK CoC recognized by any American employer or the USCG whatever the case may be. I have a 2nd Engineers ticket and i am looking for something a little closer to home as i am currently working out of Singapore and West Africa, any help i can get would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure, but you most likely will not be happy with the answer. Cavo may chime in tomorrow. At any rate, an AHTS engineer will easily find a job, particularly if you have experience with 500-600ton Ulstein Brattvaag winches with the NT based software.

Yes i have experience with Brattvaag a lot of the vessels i work on use these winches. If you don’t mind me asking where might i apply, i called GulfMark Offshore today and they said they aren’t hiring i am not sure where else to go as my experience is in the UK and Singapore.

[QUOTE=AHTS & PSV ENG;46292]Yes i have experience with Brattvaag a lot of the vessels i work on use these winches. If you don’t mind me asking where might i apply, i called GulfMark Offshore today and they said they aren’t hiring i am not sure where else to go as my experience is in the UK and Singapore.[/QUOTE]

Edison Chouest Offshore is has one of the biggest AHTS fleets in the world. They may not be hiring at the moment. It got slow because of the Horizon, but I’m going on a rig move this week end, and it’s sure to pick up soon. Just call Nicky Collins at Edison Chouest. Leave a message and send your resume. Something should open soon.

I am not sure about engineers, but on deck you would have no chance. CG does not (currently) recognize foreign certs. But there are many companies the are flagging their ships under foreign flags and you may be in a good position to hire on with them. Try Tidewater and Seacor. As mentioned above I don’t know if they are hiring but they are advertising.
In Engineering you are probably better of than us deck types.

You won’t get to work on US flag stuff, except as O.S. The USCG WILL accept most seatime, regardless of nationality toward licensing, but you would have to take the exams all over again! There is no ‘reciprocity’ in licensing. But as mentioned, many companies are operating foreign flag equipment, overseas and would hire you for those jobs (if there are openings.)