U.S. Flagged Ship - Some crew lacks credentials

He already said it was the sagamore which is sealift

Oh it’s still this. Ok.

It’s not the Sagamore, and it’s not owned by Sealift.

Can you say whether it’s an ‘OSV’ or other type of ship that would qualify for a waiver of the citizenship requirements as outlined in the links given by Mr Cavo earlier in this thread?

It’s a cargo ship.

Cool …I look forward seeing what you have

1 Like

Whatever happen to the videos you had of crews washing fertilizers overboard in the thread below? Did you ever turn it in to anyone & if so, did they take any actions?

Provided them to the USCG who said it was a problem for the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality because the ship owners hired a Louisiana company with a permit to clean the holds of the vessels. The LDEQ, who has no watercraft with which to police the River issued a compliance order to the cleaning company and the ship got off with no violations.

Mind you the cleaning company vehemently denied that they authorized the ship’s crew to clean the decks and to dump the material into the River. I believe them.

1 Like

Kudos for trying @RiverRats. You did more than your part.

The LDEQ is an oxymoron. While awaiting on a crew boat to transfer me to an offshore ship I saw a LOT of oil based drilling mud dumped into Fourchon due to a broken transfer line. When I asked if this would delay our departure because of reporting requirements I was assured it would not as USCG regs didn’t apply in state waters and LDGEQ didn’t care. They patched up the leak, left who knows how many barrels of oil based mud in the water and we left. I didn’t think much of it at the time as I was used to working in third world and other less developed countries.

1 Like

Paramount Enterprises International (“PEI”), 1200 Intrepid Avenue, Suite 100, Navy Yard Corporate Center, Philadelphia, PA 19112, is a government contractor and subcontractor providing forwarding and logistics to the US Department of Defense, including the chartering of vessels to transport cargo.

It is reasonably believed PEI has the vessel known as the M/V MAJ. RICHARD WINTERS under a time charter in service to, among other things, regularly transport TNT from Gdansk, Poland to the Grande-Anse Terminal, Port Saguenay, Quebec, Canada.

According to published information, Michael Kelsen (“Kelsen”) is the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) for PEI.

Intrepid Sea Holdings, Inc. (“ISH”) is a Delaware corporation whose physical address is listed as Care of Sealift, Inc., 68 West Main Street in Oyster Bay, NY. According to public sources, ISH is identified as the owner of the M/V MAJ. RICHARD WINTERS.

Additionally, records from the Secretary of State for Delaware identify Michael Kelsen as the President and a Director of ISH.

Sealift, Inc. (“Sealift”) is a privately held shipping company located at 68 West Main Street, Oyster Bay, New York, 11771. Sealift is the operator and manager of the WINTERS on behalf of ISH.

Charles Worledge is a long-term employee of Sealift, Inc. who is believed to be the Manager of Information Systems for Sealift, Inc. By coincidence or not, Mr. Worledge is also a Director and Vice President of ISH, the owner of the WINTERS.

It is my best estimate that 38 percent of the WINTERS’s crew was comprised of Polish seafarers when it arrived in Canada in August 2022. If you add the 2 ice navigators from Canada and Finland, then it’s more like 44%.

According to witnesses in Canada, the WINTERS again brought Polish seafarers to the Port of Saguenay on September 21, 2022.

It is my personal belief the Polish seafarers are filling positions on the WINTERS very possibly at wages much lower than wages necessary to have United States seafarers fill the same positions.

I have reported this to the USCG and the Department of Defense Contracting Officer.

1 Like

So you think it is OK to post document information and sensitive personal information for all crew involved?

This is beyond f***ed up.

4 Likes

Also, yes…this is a vessel on registry, which nationality rules are a bit different than a Jones Act vessel…if i remember correctly, the rule is no more than 25% may be non-US nationals.

With crewing issues, there may be a waiver in place to increase that percentage.

I still cant believe you posted an entire crew list with personal information for every marinee onboard…way to open people up to identity theft.

2 Likes

I’m glad you think that Sealift is going to break the law to move some dynamite.

{sarcasm}

1 Like

It has their D.O.B, locations of birth & passport numbers. Those dudes are just doing a job supporting our national defense & intrests and have absolutely no say who does what on board. Maybe the Poles are spooks working for NATO & @RiverRats just throws them to the wolves? At least use a sharpie to blackout the Americans names & info. Thats some low down shit.

2 Likes

Simple enough fix…I just flagged the post for the moderator to take it down. The poster can re-post without the link.

2 Likes

Flagged post edited and PM sent to poster.

5 Likes

Nice job Karen.

1 Like

So, what I’ve stated in my post is something you believe would describe a violation of the law?

What about not employing US seafarers on US government contract work? is there any problem with that?

No.

2 Likes