TWIC not acceptable form of ID at USCG Headquarters

Seeing how the TWIC card is a Coast Guard reqirement, You would think it would be acceptable as a goverment issued ID. Even with a TWIC you still need a drivers license to enter the Coast Guard Headquarters. So I guess a drivers license is a higher grade ID the the background and biometric TWIC card.

Just another example of a government boondoggle.

One of the many reasons this country is in the shape it’s in. We’re headed down a rocky road.

Nemo

This does not surprise me. There has been nothing positive to come out of the entire TWIC fiasco for anyone outside TSA and the other contractors whom were awarded the contracts to implement this dogshit system.

I challenge anyone to come up with a/any (even remotely) positive thing that came out of the TWIC program (outside those who are gainfully employed by the TWIC infrastructure).

I can think of nothing and I have more free time than a monkey in the zoo.

You need two forms of ID. One ID, no matter what it is, is not acceptable. MY USCG “CAC” card (yes it’s, redundant, just like “RHIB Boat”“PIN number” and “ATM Machine”) alone won’t get me in.

What really bothers me while at the airport in a security screening line none of the TSA employees know what a TWIC represents. Issued by the same people that gave them their jobs.

So airport workers do not need a TWIC. I always thought air transport was transportation??? Do railroad workers need a TWIC? I think not. So why do mariners and people needing access to ports need the thing??

It wasn’t a ship that ran into the Trade Center so why isn’t this required of airline employees??

Am I the only one wondering???

[QUOTE=Captmad;9877]What really bothers me while at the airport in a security screening line none of the TSA employees know what a TWIC represents. Issued by the same people that gave them their jobs.

So airport workers do not need a TWIC. I always thought air transport was transportation??? Do railroad workers need a TWIC? I think not. So why do mariners and people needing access to ports need the thing??

It wasn’t a ship that ran into the Trade Center so why isn’t this required of airline employees??

Am I the only one wondering???[/QUOTE]

Trains and Planes are next, there was a push for port security after 9/11, but not before tightened airport security first. Several illegal workers have been caught trying to work within ports, and have been caught with fake TWIC cards. At the very least, there has been some impact, for those illegals, and for me personally, just that was worth my 10 minutes of personal time.