Tug Captains - Core Group Resources - Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Tug CaptainsCompany Information: Grown from a one man operation to an industry leading towing company!Company employs over 5,000 people, Operates 400+ vessels in over 17 ports,Engaged in numerous operations; …

More…

So Crowley…

I interviewed with them a month ago. They are in a bad way. I’d love to go work for them but the $$ is so bad. Hopefully they give some raises.

Sounds like the big boy OSV companies are taking all the qualified candidates in the GOM

This says Ft Liquourdale…Crowley isn’t in there, are they?

That’s where core group is who is advertising the job

[QUOTE=rshrew;124496]That’s where core group is who is advertising the job[/QUOTE]

Core is in Houston. Faststream is in Ft Lauderdale. I don’t remember where Flagship is at?

Terrible $$ for a crappy run. Those boats ride good, but no creature comforts & loud.

Who knows but Crowley is the only outfit I can think of with that many boats and people besides ECO who don’t ever seem to advertise

It’s for Crowley, already called. It’s for the Philly run.

They have been desperate for people for that liner service for some time now. The shit pay and SIU really doesn’t help.

[QUOTE=c.captain;124488]This says Ft Liquourdale…Crowley isn’t in there, are they?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=z-drive;124513]They have been desperate for people for that liner service for some time now. The shit pay and SIU really doesn’t help.[/QUOTE]

I know why they used Ft. Liquordale as bait in the posting…so unsuspecting towboatmen with perpetual woodies might be duped into believing that the job involved towing a barge of strippers around Port Everglades!

Now, that’s a job I WOULD PAY TO DO!

the reality of course is that the job interview takes place in a dimly lit smoke filled bar on the Dixie Highway and when you wake up after being slipped a Mickey Finn, you find yourself in an 8X10 room with some other inebriate with the sound of 20-645 EMDs ringing in your ears!

BEWARE ALL YE!

SIGN ME UP! I would like an assist boat and pilot though (Crowley afterall) so I can diver my attention to more important matters around the berth.