Total pusification of the usn

I was in Bahrain a few times. I noticed that the " curfew " was only for people visiting on a ship. The local USN stationed there had no such restrictions placed on them. Out in town one would see USN dependent 14 year old girls walking around dressed like street walkers, but men from a ship could not go out and have a decent evening ashore. The biggest issue I had with the USN was the double standard displayed. Along the same lines, once in Singapore the boarding officer (USN cdr) came onboard and passed to me that the admiral did not want us going to orchard towers ( aka four floors of whores). The USN was forbidden to go, but as civilians they could not tell us not to. Yea, right… I never told the crew they couldn’t go. Later during the same port call the Cheng and I want to visit the country western bar located in he " four floors of whores". We simply wanted to have few cold ones and listen to the music, we did not buy any whores nor did we intend to. As we got there we noticed the USN cdr there in his civilian clothes having just one hell of a time. The USN is known for such double standards and hypocrisy. Seen it many times in my 30 years with them.

I liked to wear what we called the “piss cutter,” the fore-n-aft hat one could easily tuck in his belt, it was comfortable and not as cumbersome as the hated “box hat.” Well, on Guam (I had a lay over for a few days) something happened. It seems the Admiral’s wife thought the piss cutter is not elegant for officers so the Admiral (a black shoe sailor) issued orders that no officer may wear a piss cutter. I refused to comply, got stopped by an Officer (another black shoe type) who told me if he sees me again wearing a piss cutter I will get reported. I replied “so arrest me.”

The Admiral’s name was Bird, so his wife was Mrs. Bird, I found that a tad ironic.

Yea, I can see that… Good story. Actually, the admiral’s wife was not “Mrs Bird” it was “Mrs Admiral Bird”. These navy wives always assume the rank of their husband… Ever go over to the NCO club at noon in Subic? It was filled with navy chief wives. They even got the hot babes that worked there replaced with hags one time. I guess they didn’t like their husbands going there for a drink and then going home to a hippo.

[QUOTE=Xmsccapt(ret);90678]Yea, I can see that… Good story. Actually, the admiral’s wife was not “Mrs Bird” it was “Mrs Admiral Bird”. These navy wives always assume the rank of their husband… Ever go over to the NCO club at noon in Subic? It was filled with navy chief wives. They even got the hot babes that worked there replaced with hags one time. I guess they didn’t like their husbands going there for a drink and then going home to a hippo.[/QUOTE]

Good afternoon Mrs Admiral Bird, how do you like my hat?
The only military club in the PI I found myself was the O-Club at NAS Sangley Point, and not often. It’s gone with the wind these days.
While sailing in the Merchant Marine I was in the Philippines quite a few times but never stopped in any military club. Doubtful I’d be appreciated, my long black beard (years ago, of course), cigar, and pleasing disposition might cause a fuss.

Actually you would have fit right in, we all had long hair then (civilian merchants). I spent a lot of time at NAS cubi point. Had a good O club there as well, and you could rent a Cessna 172 for very little!

[QUOTE=Xmsccapt(ret);90686]Actually you would have fit right in, we all had long hair then (civilian merchants). I spent a lot of time at NAS cubi point. Had a good O club there as well, and you could rent a Cessna 172 for very little![/QUOTE]

She called herself THAT?
My darling Cessna ~

I don’t have have 172 bucks, would PI money work?

Sure, 172 pesos will work!

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;90828]I don’t have have 172 bucks, would PI money work?[/QUOTE]

That’s P7052.00

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;90990]That’s P7052.00[/QUOTE]

Ain’t got that much on me Jeff, let me borrow some. You’ll get it back on pay-off day.