To Evade Sanctions on Iran, Ships Vanish in Plain Sight

2 Likes

I don’t get it as it is a pretty useless practice, any radar can track such ships to its destination. Same for US long distance radars and drones in the PG. Do I miss something here?

I’m sure the US is tracking everyone of those tankers.

I’m sure the US could make everyone of those tankers suddenly disappear mid-ocean without a trace, to never reappear again.

When Iran attacked six tankers, it gave the US a free hand to do just that.

2 Likes

they come down my way and do ship to ship transfers just north of Horsburgh Lighthouse and it looks like nobody picking up ais data there but when you fly over lots of VLCC’s alongside each other

1 Like

You are going to make Chinese tankers “disappear”?

How about wrapping up the war in Afghanistan and Iraq before starting a new adventure?

2 Likes

Its all part of the same adventure.

Just Iranian flag tankers. No war, just mysterious disappearance of a few stray tankers that were not broadcasting on AIS.

If the US wanted to do something about Chinese tankers carrying Iranian oil, that’s simple, just ban all Chinese ships from entering US ports until Chinese tankers stop transporting Iranian oil.

1 Like

20 posts were split to a new topic: Royal Marines storm super tanker using helicopters and speed boats

Do they name their ships after the planets?

1 Like

Yep!

2 Likes