The Merchant Marine Is Of Critical Importance Says US SECDEF Mattis At Kings Point Graduation

Yes i know you want your circle jerk all nice and tidy without any interference.

You can EAT ME very much!

Lost for words? It’s suits you, you are already lost in time and space.

Nah…its just the waste of effort to argue with a Norwegian. You are all perfect in every way and live in the greatest most wonderful land on the planet. How do I know this? How many of you have I have to work with over all these years?

I don’t know? A lot? If you come into our domain don’t go bitter that we outcompete you.

Yes

1 Like

Simple… Just ask one, he’ll be glad to tell you

4 Likes

I love how you acknowledge the role Allied nation’s played, and on the same time just fucking us over and calling us unreliable in the same line. Like Europe didn’t contribute to the retarded adventure in Afghanistan or Iraq. We have been steadfast Allieds even if you elect certified retards every 8 years like clockwork. Who can relay on morons?

And the scary part is that I’m right wing in Norway.

Whatever you want to believe…it doesn’t matter to me one bit. All I speak for is to have a strong US flag merchant marine again someday.

I guess in the eyes of you Norwegians I am wrong for such a wish…

Anyway, at least we have a thread here which has some real beef between the buns instead of only bland stoopid sauce…

1 Like

I can’t think of a single “certified retard” ever elected president of the US (in recent history at least).

You are just buthurt because the Norwegians you worked with didn’t believe (or pretend) that Americans are smarter and better.

Besides, in the fisheries you were mainly dealing with Sunnmoringer and we KNOW we are superior!!! (That is a joke)

No so. Only that you go about getting your wish come true the wrong way.

A US merchant marine that is able to compete in the market on even terms would be ideal.
But since that is unlikely, a US fleet that is at least out there trading, (not mothballed old scrap ships) would be better, even with subsidies to make it happen.

Would this in any way threaten foreign shipping?? Not likely.
Even if every US owned ship was re-flagged to US, it would not add to the total world fleet, or world trade, which is where shipping companies (foreign or US owned) is competing.

Ideal for who?

What does this situation do for unlicensed or upcoming junior officers?

The Japaneses merchant marine disappeared the same way, last to go were Japanese Captain and C/E.

1 Like

Well maybe not certified retarded, but donkey brained? Perhaps

???

Well, duh … if you have 6 apples and paint 3 of them blue you still have 6 apples.

NATO I would think.

You have upward mobility in the ranks and a bigger pool of engineers and officers, the part of the crew that takes years to train. Unlicensed is dime a dozen and could in the unlikely event that you need to use your merchant marine be recruited in short order. Or just draft some suckers.

How is this system,

Bow Jubail has a total personnel of 29, of which 27 Filipinos and two Scandinavians .

where the Norwegian flag is essential a FOC, except (I assume) the captain and C/E are Norwegian nationals, sustainable long term?

As far as a FOC fleet, the U.S. already has a huge fleet under various flags. Why turn the remaining few under U.S. flag into FOC as well?

By policy the U.S. also maintains a small commercial fleet capable of continually producing officers and crew.

Because all Norwegian mariners have the same education and certificates and can go work on the FOC vessels when they have sailed coastal or in the Offshore fleet. The system is not ideal and the government is trying their damn hardest to ruin it. But if we had followed the original thought behind NIS, we would have a international trading fleet of vessels with Norwegians on the top recruited from NOR vessels.

If all the American owned vessels sailing under different FOC could sail in a second US register that would open up hundreds (maybe even thousands?) of spots for US Masters and Chief Engineers, and you would create upward mobility from the US coastal fleet.

How does the existence of U.S. flag ships stop U.S. mariners from sailing foreign?

You don’t have political control over US owned foreign flagged vessels. And you cannot demand that they have US Master.

There are plenty of Americans sailing foreign already.