Thank You, that is all

I am currently working the 00:00 to 12:00 watch with 36 hrs to go before I head to the airport for home. On my overnight shifts (when time permits of course) I love to go through this website. It is a wealth of informatio, I found it 3 years ago when I decided I wanted to transition from the private yacht world to commercial boats. This site has been invaluable, from what gear to buy, to filing paperwork with the USCG. If I have a question regarding the next step of my career this is always the first place I look.

While many of the posts get off topic or turn into a bitch session it is still a valuable source of information and entertainment. And yes we all like to complain (myself included) about smart ass, stinky or just plain ole stupid shipmates, office personnel or crew coordinators that just can’t seem to find the butts from a hole in the ground. Let not forget one thing we are all bad ass mariners and while at times may not seem like it we are lvng the life some only dream about. The only difference between us and ‘normal’ society is we had/have the braun, balls and courage to do what most cannot. So to the staff at gCaptain, Top Contributers, Crew and greenhorns alike: Thank you for all that you do, I am happy and proud to be part of this community! Keep up the good work brothers (and the few sisters out there)

Nice post, KB. It is always nice to hear about someone succeeding.

You have the right perspective and attitude.