Tankerman Assistant Endorsement

I recently completed the shipboard requirements for a “Tankerman Assistant” endorsement. I received a letter from Chevron stating that I have “met the participation requiremnts for the transfer of dangerous cargos in bulk as outlined in 46 CFR 13.405.”

How do I get the endorsement on my MMC? Do I need to submit medical info, firefighting quals, etc. or just the letter? Should I submit to the Seattle REC or directly to NMC?

I plan to call them in the next couple of days but I always get the best info from gCaptain so I came here first.

Thanks!

I was told by the NMC to contact them for any upgrades to go on my MMC and once contact is initiated you will end up submitting all supporting Documents and upgrade Fee’s. This could be wrong though…i would contact the NMC to be for sure.

[QUOTE=Navy SWO;49229]I recently completed the shipboard requirements for a “Tankerman Assistant” endorsement. I received a letter from Chevron stating that I have “met the participation requiremnts for the transfer of dangerous cargos in bulk as outlined in 46 CFR 13.405.”

How do I get the endorsement on my MMC? Do I need to submit medical info, firefighting quals, etc. or just the letter? Should I submit to the Seattle REC or directly to NMC?

I plan to call them in the next couple of days but I always get the best info from gCaptain so I came here first.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Contact NMC to ask this question. Your application must go to an REC (any, your choice). You need a physical (46 CFR 13.401©), but may not need a new physical if you had one for a renewal or other endorsement in the past year. You will need to show you meet all requirements for the endorsement, including the fire fighting course and either sea service and/or the "cargo course (Tank Ship Familiarization).

For Tankerman-Assistant, you need a firefighting course and EITHER a “Tank Ship Familiarization” course OR 90 days on a tank vessel (you need days of service, not transfers).

Seattle REC requested a letter from my employer (union wouldn’t work) stating that I was subject to random drug screening. I submitted my most recent drug screen (one month old) but that wasn’t good enough. That combined with the fee’s of $145 (which I already paid) made me decide to hold off until I submit for my Tankerman PIC.