Suny maritime and mass maritime engineering program

I want to be a mechanical engineering in my future career and work in maritime industry. But I found out that mass maritime doesn’t offer mechanical engineering. Should I go for suny maritime?:confused::confused:

The best engineers I’ve worked with came from Maine Maritime.

The engineers I know from SUNY are great. I went there for my Deck license, but the engineering program is a good program with a variety of B.E. degrees besides mechanical engineering.

I think it should really come down to what state you want to be in. Maine gets pretty cold in the winter. Texas has good Engineers from what I hear too.

Thkx for reply.:smiley:

From what i know is that maine maritime does offer mechanical engineering.

Yeah, Suny maritime does have very great eng program. But their regiment system is kinda corrupted.

I agree the regiment at SUNY sucks right now. If that factors into your planning

Even though I went to school on the best coast, I too have sailed with some pretty good engineers from Schuyler. Also sailed with some good massholes as well. However if you want the mechanical degree go with the school that offers it.

[QUOTE=chend;110754]I want to be a mechanical engineering in my future career and work in maritime industry. But I found out that mass maritime doesn’t offer mechanical engineering. Should I go for suny maritime?:confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

Check http://main.abet.org/aps/Accreditedprogramsearch.aspx and search for “maritime” under school name. The engineering programs at one of those academies is ABET accredited, the ones at the other are not.

thnkx, can’t believe it that most of maritime college doesnt offer wide range of engineering program.

I believe it. There are maritime schools teaching marine engineers. I know Cal offers the ME degree with or without license. They also offer a facilities engineering. They started to offer more when they became part of the state system

[QUOTE=chend;110916]thnkx, can’t believe it that most of maritime college doesnt offer wide range of engineering program.[/QUOTE]

They’re maritime colleges…so they [I]should[/I] teach nautical centered professions. Look into Texas. They’re a branch of A&M, arguably one of the best engineering schools in the country, and you can transfer if marine engineering isn’t for you. Also, Maritime Systems Engineering sounds like a ocean-oriented M.E degree.

Good luck wherever you decide. Engineering is not an easy degree, so know your capabilities.

isn’t mass maritime part of state system?

[QUOTE=“chend;110953”]isn’t mass maritime part of state system?[/QUOTE]

They all are…hence the “State Maritime academy” titles.