Strange that nobody has posted this yet? Tug sinks off Big Sur

[QUOTE=c.captain;106226]this is why tugs need to be inspected like every other vessel and why the USCG cannot get their heads of out their asses and implement an inspection regulation for them amazes me. Too many towing vessel incidents happening attributable to lack of regulation. Lots of good seaworthy tugs out there but just as many old unseaworthy ones as well and they need to be brought up to snuff for all of our sakes.[/QUOTE]

Now, this time I am in total agreement with you.

Currently looking at maritime opportunities in the Bay Area, and Marine Express is one I’m real interested in. I have a good job right now shoreside but not what I want to be doing. The appeal of this company is that it’s not union. (not opposed to being in a union, but can’t quit current job to go down to the hall and take the chance, at least not right now) just curious if you had any info on the company, how many guys work there (I assume less after having their tug go down) what kinda work do they do, what the company is like to work for? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks