Report of Signet Tug that Cut Lose a RO/RO Barge

There was only one engineer when I made a brief stint there a few years ago & if you did what you needed you had time to go up the street.

[QUOTE=Tugted;171634]There was only one engineer when I made a brief stint there a few years ago & if you did what you needed you had time to go up the street.[/QUOTE]

I was told recently that because of STCW that they now have two engineers. . . . and agreed, it doesn’t take a great amount of time ashore. . . but I did like those weekends. . . hell, I was 23. . .

I did a few Jax- SJ runs earlier this year. We had about 8 hours in port. As much as I wanted to go out and have fun there wasn’t much point in it. I just went to sleep.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;171663]I did a few Jax- SJ runs earlier this year. We had about 8 hours in port. As much as I wanted to go out and have fun there wasn’t much point in it. I just went to sleep.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that you aren’t in your 20s. . . .

Early 30s. But I have been tugging long enough to know that you sleep when you have the chance.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;171777]Early 30s. But I have been tugging long enough to know that you sleep when you have the chance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I was a bit of a loose cannon back then. . . . no regrets. . . I am in my mid 50s and would agree with you now. . .even though I am working ashore, I travel and work in the field quite a bit. . .and am hugely boring when I do. . .