Reinaur huge sign Hiring Tug Mates NY /KVK

Five hundred ton minimum

1,600 oceans if you want to be taken seriously by a company like that.

I stand by everything I have said that its not a bad place to work but with proper planning this would not be an issue.

Out of curiosity what did they finally get for you guys? Last I heard they were sticking to 0-0-3% or some thing low. Hopefully they did good by you guys. PM Me if you want to keep it quiet…

Yeah it’s a minimum 1600 ton license. That’s what they make there AB get if they even want to be consider for a mate spot.

Hate to tell you “captain”, but most of the guys who have written on this post, are still current or former employees of the peanut butter and jelly fleet. Are you the guy who bought the last of the “kool-aid” from the company store before it closed…? Let me guess, in nyc harbor, cushy fucking crewchanges, why dont you come join the southern fleet, horrible crew changes, then come tell us about you pleasurable experience. As far as promote from within, dont get me started. Yes it is a good company, but bring knee pads if you think your moving up the ladder. I love all the mates, come contract time trying to unite the company, but make one a captain and watch him burn his union card,

Hahaha oh I dont need knee pads I’m ready to climb the ladder the old hawserpiper way. I never give up sir or beg neither. Also yeah crew change is great up north except the tug that i am on rarely does crew change always somewhere else. When I mean somewhere else in not like Albany or Connecticut. But I did my enough share of doing crazy crew change even though it was only for about a year I’m done. Crew change in Mexico,brazil,Romania,canada,Texas,Florida, California, Baltimore, Maine. It all sucks when your from New York. And your company gets you the worst flights in the book. So I think I could do anymore crazy crew change. I love my cushy sortha local crew change like you said haha

Southern boats always get screwed no matter the color of the boat

Latest I heard today was that the contract had not been settled? Could be wrong but weird to hear a different story. Nonsense or anything to it?

Yeah now the offer has went to 3-3-3% on a 3year contract. They wanted the “travel” to turn into “longevity”, which was on a HUGE sliding scale, the only people who would benifit where the guys with 10+ years time. Im all for the idea of giving something for “longevity”, but dont have a 70+ a day diff between guys, because then you deter new employees when the place next door pays more out of the gate. Time will tell, but i dont see much coming out of it.

I dont care if you wanna call them knee pads or “san-fran sneakers”, but your looking at 5-7 years, and 3+ boats, seen alot of guys do it, but its not easy. Oh, and why promote from within, they have thier pick of the best from kirby. Deckhands come and go like herpe’s at most nyc companies, to bad Bob Gureara is gone, he would have made for a great training captain for you. Have fun with you cushy crew change, just remember in the blink of an eye you will be on an ATB, as a cook/cabin boy.

BargeMonkey!! LMFAO!! Peanut butter and jelly fleet!? Classic!!

Hahaha I heard some guys have done it in 3 years or less. I know it’s not going to be easy but I’m up for the challenge I’m starting my sign off now when I get back on the tug. ( wish me luck ) hahaha. I haven’t met or heard of captain bob gureara but the mate on my tug that’s very good is helping me out a lot with all my training. Better than the captain that I have that wont let me even touch the helm if we are on watch together ( too scare or paranoid… Don’t know ) oh god I hope not hahaha I like my hawser tugs Hahaha Barbara knows I don’t like ATB so hopefully I don’t get put on one. Which ATB you on barge monkey ?

[QUOTE=“Captain_Ramon27;114484”]Hahaha I heard some guys have done it in 3 years or less. I know it’s not going to be easy but I’m up for the challenge I’m starting my sign off now when I get back on the tug. ( wish me luck ) hahaha. I haven’t met or heard of captain bob gureara but the mate on my tug that’s very good is helping me out a lot with all my training. Better than the captain that I have that wont let me even touch the helm if we are on watch together ( too scare or paranoid… Don’t know ) oh god I hope not hahaha I like my hawser tugs Hahaha Barbara knows I don’t like ATB so hopefully I don’t get put on one. Which ATB you on barge monkey ?[/QUOTE]

Don’t get too comfy on the Hawser Boat Dude. Barbara will move you with the quickness if the company needs it. I’m curious, if you’re a deckhand why does your forum handle have captain in it? It’s cool that you have a decent mate on board…however, the mate doesn’t sign your check-off sheet. You’ll need a total of 3 tug masters that all unanimously say you can move to a training mate position. And you’ll need AT LEAST a 500ton mates license.

Dont ruin his hopes and dreams to quickly, its more fun this way, deckhand tears are a precious thing to waste. Just got the word of a MASSIVE company wide shake up, mostly tug mates. As far as the “she knows i love hauser boats”… ROFLAO. Its great youve got goals, will give you that one, but your in a very competitive pool of people, i believe there is 12-15 guys with 1600/3rds already standing in line, the last deckhand on my boat has pissed more salt water than most have sailed over, and he just got his 1st signature. Anyway, wrong department for me, i dont care which throttle jockey is up there. Now my my flight is even further delayed…

Yeah I know she can change me when ever she wants. Yeah I made this forum when I used to be a captain for a dinner boat and sailboat, it wasn’t a small dinner boat either it was a 200 foot long dinner boat, now the sailboat was small, but I quit that to work on tugs. I’m currently doing everything that’s Barbara told me to do I got my 200 ton mates near coastal, 200 ton master inland. Soon I going to get my 500 ton with apprentice mate and start that progress so far already started getting checked off on somethings, sign by the captain, Yeah that maybe true there is a lot of deckhands ahead of me but didn’t nick on the Lucy skipped like 10 guys that was in line by getting all his signatures fast a first. Also Barbara told me if I really want the spot of mate I gotta work hard for it and if I get everything complete with all the licenses and check off and a spot opens up I got it if no one else has it completed. So that’s the goals boys. Plus I young so I don’t mind waiting as a deckhand until my time comes. We will see guys what the company has install for me. I just hope I don’t get sent down south that would suck hahaha.

So because you have some papers, you feel intitled to wheelhouse training? Go scub the toilet boy.

Fucking deckhands… They can forget their place if you don’t remind them of where it is on occasion.

[QUOTE=“Captain_Ramon27;114773”] I got my 200 ton mates near coastal, 200 ton master inland. Soon I going to get my 500 ton with apprentice mate[/QUOTE]

If you have a 500 ton license you don’t need apprentice mate, just a completed TOAR.

Meanwhile… if she needed to she could call one of the other hundred+ or so guys I know including myself that could come in and do the job without any (other than vessel specific) training or licensing.

Which is why I am very glad to have a professional deckhand who can paint, cook, splice and clean without motivation or instruction and has zero wheelhouse aspirations. Never gets old.

Hahaha looks like someone is afraid that us new generation of tug boat man is going to steal there job. Don’t worry grandpa ill get your walking cane your packs of cigarette and a small bottle of whiskey to calm your shakiness. I don’t know what’s wrong with you sir but let me tell you something you started scrubbing toilet yourself, so you can’t talk about nothing if you a captain ok I respect that but you didn’t start as a captain when you first step foot on a tug, so have a good night sir, but remember don’t forget to take your sleeping pills.

Ok thanks Phoenix, I think I might just do that.

Yeah I know z drive we will see, I heard the sign came down so they must had found some people. i’ll find out this week when I get on the tug, they usually put the new mates for one week to train on the tug I’m on. Haha I could do all those thing also, plus the wheelhouse motivation is there too.