Redneck seismic vessel

Photographed the British flagged seismic vessel European Supporter inbound Port Fourchon this morning and noticed her improvised A/C units [ATTACH]2433[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2434[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=CaptDag;83406]Photographed the British flagged seismic vessel European Supporter inbound Port Fourchon this morning and noticed her improvised A/C units [ATTACH]2433[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2434[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Alien invasion…

The GOM might be a bit more hot and humid than the North Atlantic! Window units…improvisation at its finest.

[QUOTE=Swampfox;83409]The GOM might be a bit more hot and humid than the North Atlantic! Window units…improvisation at its finest.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t that just effing cute…they should just take their asses back to the North Atlantic and leave OUR GoM to us Americans! Where’s the US seismic vessels? They used to ALL be US flagged!

WHAT A FUCKING SELL OUT!

I was kind of hoping the heat would send them back to the great white rough cold North Sea!

Rednecks didn’t rig this up. There isn’t any aluminum foil in the windows!

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;83413]Rednecks didn’t rig this up. There isn’t any aluminum foil in the windows![/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I bet there’s plenty of duct tape securing those window shakers in place.

That’s a cable layer, not a seismic.

Thanks for catching that. She is listed on shipspotting.com as a cable layer. pilot was anouncing on VHF as she entered PF “inbound seismic vessel”.

They come in and out of Fourchon a good bit to create a bunch of moving around. The Fairfield was in and out of the Mr Brett dry dock probably 3 or 4 times within a week before and after the hurricane came through last month

[QUOTE=Swampfox;83412]I was kind of hoping the heat would send them back to the great white rough cold North Sea![/QUOTE]

When it comes to selling out, the Brits are even worse that the US. On most of the British flag vessels I deal with, there no British citizens onboard. I am sure that the Malays, Filipinos and Indians will be right at home in our Gulf coast heat and humidity. From P&O’s site, it looks like this one is being used to install deep water umbilicals, flex pipe and the like.

http://www.pomaritime.com/EuropeanSupporter.asp

[QUOTE=c.captain;83410]Where’s the US seismic vessels? They used to ALL be US flagged! [/QUOTE]

The same place as the baseball bats, angry citizens and local politicians… shopping at the Galliano WalMart!

Do you think huey p long would have let a boat named “European Supporter” into Fourchon without a fight? So stop complaining c.capt and start reeking some havoc!