REC personnel

I 'm not sure what the job title is for the people that you deal with at the REC’s, that take your app and go over your paperwork…But I’m curious if these people have any training, in what they are actually doing?

In the past I haven’t had many questions answered by them, and yesterday was no exception…But instead of questions for them I had to explain several things to the guy taking my app…Besides an upgrade and another endorsement, I submitted my assessments for RFPNW and wished to have this added to my STCW…The guy looked at my assessments papers like he had never seen them before…He even asked where I got them.?.When I told him from the NMC website,he looked even more confused…Finally I told him that in policy letter 14-02 , it explains this…I even happen to have a copy here, would you like to see it? He declined…

He then decided that he better do something and grabbed them all up and starting putting them in the stack of papers that was going to be forwarded to NMC…Not so fast!! I want those papers,you can make copies…

I have had a few things slip by me on previous visits to the REC’s but thanks to contributing members on gcaptain this doesn’t happen anymore…Knowledge is key and being able to back it up, is huge for success…