Proper response to a Somilia pirate attack

Now this is the proper response to a pirate attack. I just love a story with a happy ending.

anyone know anything about this video, these must be private security guy’s, I don’t think they are military. Anyone recognize the ship?

http://www.funker530.com/somali-pira…he-wrong-ship/

http://m14forum.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funker530.com%2Fsomali-pirates-mess-with-the-wrong-ship%2F

if only the world maritime community did that right from the git go 5 years ago, none of this BULLSHIT nonsense would have ever taken place and millions upon millions of ransom monies paid would have been saved!

Very great representation of how these issues should be handled.

What percentage of US Flag vessels have armed guards/contractors on them while passing through pirated waters? Foreign flag?

There needs to be some sort of laser gun contraption that automatically points a scorching hot beam at those pirates and just turns them into dust. Kind of like a CWIS but better.

That is one lucky crew to have on-board recreational activities such as shredding filthy pirates into hamburger. Where can I sign-up?

The only thing missing is the GET SUM guy from Full Metal Jacket. LOL

[QUOTE=Signal Red;136507]The only thing missing is the GET SUM guy from Full Metal Jacket. LOL[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Or even something from Platoon or maybe some quotes from predator. “If it bleeds we can kill it” “Get to the chopperrrr!!”

[QUOTE=ChiefRob;136474]Now this is the proper response to a pirate attack. I just love a story with a happy ending.

anyone know anything about this video, these must be private security guy’s, I don’t think they are military. Anyone recognize the ship?

http://www.funker530.com/somali-pira…he-wrong-ship/

http://m14forum.com/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.funker530.com%2Fsomali-pirates-mess-with-the-wrong-ship%2F[/QUOTE]

The incident was May, 2012, the ship was the Avocet, the security company was Trident. There is an article here. There were rumors at the time that there was a lot of shooting going on that wasn’t getting reported.

Those clowns saying that the Trident guards used excessive force or very possibly killed not pirates, but fisherman in the video can go suck a big one. How stupid do you have to be to think there is a possibility that they are fisherman? Sure, there was that MSC “episode” in which they killed those Indian fisherman outside of Jebel Ali (I think), but come on. I’d love to see that guy from Dublin out there on a ship getting attacked from pirates. Do you think he would be all over the guards, even as “fishermen” are securing a ladder to the ship with AKs sling over their backs, begging for peace? I say shoot to kill…and then a little more just to be sure.

[QUOTE=MandolinGuy;136537]Those clowns saying that the Trident guards used excessive force or very possibly killed not pirates, but fisherman in the video can go suck a big one. How stupid do you have to be to think there is a possibility that they are fisherman? Sure, there was that MSC “episode” in which they killed those Indian fisherman outside of Jebel Ali (I think), but come on. I’d love to see that guy from Dublin out there on a ship getting attacked from pirates. Do you think he would be all over the guards, even as “fishermen” are securing a ladder to the ship with AKs sling over their backs, begging for peace? I say shoot to kill…and then a little more just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The pirates came looking for something. They got it. And then some. Too bad.

And come to think of it, the way the moron panga fishermen operate near Jebel Ali, they deserved all they got too. I have had 'em go right under my bow. If they were stoopid enough to go annnyywhere near a grey ship bearing white numbers, well - the result was inevitable. Too bad.

Kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out.

[QUOTE=MandolinGuy;136537]Those clowns saying that the Trident guards used excessive force or very possibly killed not pirates, but fisherman in the video can go suck a big one. How stupid do you have to be to think there is a possibility that they are fisherman? Sure, there was that MSC “episode” in which they killed those Indian fisherman outside of Jebel Ali (I think), but come on. I’d love to see that guy from Dublin out there on a ship getting attacked from pirates. Do you think he would be all over the guards, even as “fishermen” are securing a ladder to the ship with AKs sling over their backs, begging for peace? I say shoot to kill…and then a little more just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

In this particular in case there was no dispute or question regarding the identity of the attackers. However people interviewed for the article, including the P&I clubs expressed general concerns that the area had turned into a free fire zone.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;136562]… the P&I clubs expressed general concerns that the area had turned into a free fire zone.[/QUOTE]

And the downside of a free fire zone in that area is what?

[QUOTE=Steamer;136564]And the downside of a free fire zone in that area is what?[/QUOTE]

Having some heroin using ex-Navy Seals light up a fishing boat and winding up rotting in a third world country prison.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;136565]Having some heroin using ex-Navy Seals light up a fishing boat and winding up rotting in a third world country prison.[/QUOTE]

I think even a heroin addicted whackjob, trigger happy, former Seal would be able to tell the difference between a skiff full of AK toting pirates and a fisherman. Even K9s don’t attack until the handler says “kill 'em Fido” and the junkie Seal isn’t master of the vessel, is he?

If you can show that fishermen exhibit the same pattern of behavior as pirate skiffs then you might have a point. But, until then, when a fisherman fires an RPG at the wheelhouse it is a pretty good indicator that he is no longer a fisherman.

Besides, what is the downside of a heroin besotted former Seal rotting in some 3rd world prison?

I think the point was the actions of a hopped up security moron can result in the crew / master being jailed

Personally, I would favor a very clear cut international policy.

1. Establish shipping lanes through pirate infested waters of appropriate width with no fishing allowed. Establish appropriate authorized lane crossing points for fishing (and other small vessels). Then, any vessel found in a shipping lane and not at an authorized crossing point, and without AIS and without radio communication should be presumed to be a pirate and should be sunk on sight.

2. Communities that are known pirate havens should be strafed routinely to destroy all vessels which might be capable of supporting piracy (probably every vessel) until all hostages and seized ships in that area are released.

3. Seized vessels should be retaken whenever possible before they can reach pirate havens.

4. Any pirate aboard or attempting to board a merchant ship should be shot at the first opportunity.

If this policy were implemented, piracy would be reduced by 95 percent within the first month.