Posts being monitored and blocked

Just throwing this out there, I have posted a few times, and have had my posts blocked. They were relevant and informative to the topic, and not some ludicrous remark I see so often. This forum was touted as “self governed” and a representation of hard working Mariners around the World, but unfortunately I’m beginning to think it is governed one-sidedly, especially regarding the USMMA threads.

Don’t know if this will even make it to a New Thread…

Worked this time.

if anyone should know if this is happening it is myself and I have found no evidence of such.

as far as I can tell, the forum remains free to all viewpoints to be posted EXCEPT FOR FUCKING RED/BLUE HARANGUES AND DIATRIBES!

I for one will fight till I am dust to keep this forum politics free so don’t ye dare try!

You have to hit the “send” button.

[QUOTE=DPjohn;82114]Just throwing this out there, I have posted a few times, and have had my posts blocked. They were relevant and informative to the topic, and not some ludicrous remark I see so often. This forum was touted as “self governed” and a representation of hard working Mariners around the World, but unfortunately I’m beginning to think it is governed one-sidedly, especially regarding the USMMA threads.
[/QUOTE]

did you PM Mike or Rob to ask about this?

The forum would say my post is under review, then they would never show up. I emailed Rob, one of the administrators today and received the following response. “I don’t review posts, I’ll have to ask John or Mike who is reviewing posts. My involvement in the Forum is fairly minimal to be honest…”

After this email, all of my posts (2) have not had to be under review and immediately post on to the forum. The others however, must be lost in cyberspace.

[QUOTE=c.captain;82117]

[I][U][B]EXCEPT FOR FUCKING RED/BLUE HARANGUES AND DIATRIBES![/B][/U][/I] [/QUOTE]

You Sir must be joking.

In any case, it seems all is well now. Just wanted to throw some fodder to the livestock. After reading through these forums for a long time and never posting, and finally doing so, I was [U]stunned[/U] to see my post under review and not showing up, especially after all the recent shenanigans.

I wonder if they put some type of review system in place, there was a time the forum would get blasted with so much spam it would lock up. Maybe you were over looked or someone became lax?

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;82132]I wonder if they put some type of review system in place, there was a time the forum would get blasted with so much spam it would lock up. Maybe you were over looked or someone became lax?[/QUOTE]

Possible, it got fixed fast though when brought to the attention of Rob.

[QUOTE=DPjohn;82114]Just throwing this out there, I have posted a few times, and have had my posts blocked. They were relevant and informative to the topic, and not some ludicrous remark I see so often. This forum was touted as “self governed” and a representation of hard working Mariners around the World, but unfortunately I’m beginning to think it is governed one-sidedly, especially regarding the USMMA threads.

Don’t know if this will even make it to a New Thread…[/QUOTE]

I had a similar issue when I signed up and could not post as well. Once I was able to get a couple of posts to go through then no problems.

It’s happened to me as well. My post about low sulfur fuel was blocked. I did delete a post by OICUR12 that was reported in the HR man thread.

K.C.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;82278]It’s happened to me as well. My post about low sulfur fuel was blocked. I did delete a post by OICUR12 that was reported in the HR man thread.

K.C.[/QUOTE]

I don’t recall any of my posts being deleted by anyone but me. When I receive PM from a forum member informing me I have swayed too far off topic I will delete my post if I agree and if it’s possible. I believe when members quote a post in new replies the quoted post can no longer be deleted by the originator. Could be wrong. I believe it’s fair to post we all have thick skins, or should have.

[QUOTE=ryanwood86;82118]You have to hit the “send” button.[/QUOTE]

my boomerang wont come back