Possibly the Un Official record holder

My application for up grade was received at the REC on Sept 10th. My license was issued from the NMC on Sept 18th.

I believe 8 days may be a new record.

Way to go Coast Guard

Wow! You must have had a new guy trying to impress somebody - either that, or you’re going to get it and it’s going to be completely wrong!

Hey New3M…don’t rain on his parade…but yes with the NMC still “in transition” that is a definite possibility…keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!!

I posted on another thread - but I had the same experience - even with a medical waiver.

[QUOTE=seadawg;18372]Hey New3M…don’t rain on his parade…but yes with the NMC still “in transition” that is a definite possibility…keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!![/QUOTE]

I know, but with the way it’s been going lately, it’s a little hard to believe that it got fixed so quick, isn’t it? I mean, after all, this is the U.S. Government we’re talking about…

Skycowboy - Congratulations on the upgrade. Nice to see others making it through the system.

I’m also noticing an improvement at NMC. Last October I faxed a request for all my sea time records going back to 1981. They failed to respond, so a second request was faxed last January, and part of the records were receive in April with no explanation why they were incomplete.

I sent another written request for the complete file in May and started following up with telephone calls in August, once it was possible to actually reach a person at the other end. Not only was it possible to actually talk to someone, but with my merchant mariner number, they could tell my why the records were incomplete (they were at a different REC), but they could determine the status of the request (files are being shipped, NMC has received them, they are being reviewed, etc.)

And I actually received the final sea service letters this week. Took a year, but things started speeding up, and service began to improve, toward the end of the ordeal.