Pool Cleaning Robot Paint Scaler

Our company is looking at buying one of those new robotic paint removers, the one that uses suction to climb up the side of a ship - just like a pool cleaning robot does.

Does anyone have experience with these units? I’m curious to know if they really work or is it just a marketing gimmick.

[QUOTE=domer;44444]Our company is looking at buying one of those new robotic paint removers, the one that uses suction to climb up the side of a ship - just like a pool cleaning robot does.

Does anyone have experience with these units? I’m curious to know if they really work or is it just a marketing gimmick.[/QUOTE]

It does what, and doesn’t come with a mouth? Please tell me more.

[QUOTE=anchorman;44449]It does what, and doesn’t come with a mouth? Please tell me more.[/QUOTE]

[B]I seen something like that (I think military originally developed) about 20 yrs. ago running a type of test/trial @ the shipyard. I was a system that would blast paint off with +/- 90 (%) recovery. I don’t remember it being very accurate as far as type of blast (varied from sweep to white metal) and was very slow. It didn’t scare anyone in paint/sandblast dept. reguarding job security. To this day, you cant beat the bunch that gets under there with blast hoses, and forget getting that huge cumbersome machine into sea chests or double bottoms. [/B]

[B]Well good luck on finding something without a mouth, but then again, not much talking with respirators and blast hoods on. [/B]

[B]I actually miss the shipyard, and the “special” people it takes to get jobs done. Like my old boss, ____ Diaz, he was a pain in [I]diazzzzz.[/I] lol[/B]

[B]Best luck would be talking with the paint companies (ie; International/Interlux) and the paint/blast companies. [/B]

[B]Is this post about swimming pools? [/B]