Petition from the State of Washington, no discharge waters

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued a notice announcing that it received a petition from the State of Washington for a determination that adequate facilities for the safe and sanitary removal and treatment of sewage from all vessels are reasonably available for all marine waters of the state inward from a line between New Dungeness Lighthouse and the Discovery Island Lighthouse to the Canadian border, and fresh waters of Lake Washington, Lake Union and connecting waters between and to Puget Sound. Comments on the petition must be received by 7 December. [B]81 Fed. Reg. 781413[/B] (11/7/16) [https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2016-11-07/pdf/2016-26877.pdf].

Thanks to Brymar Consulting

Would have put this in the news section, but that page keeps cycling a daylight savings time notice which prevents keeping the page longer than a second and a half

That’s nice. Nevermind the city of Victoria dumps its untreated sewage right into the sound right there. Don’t reckon the sail boats with thier Y-valves in the wrong position are the main problem.

The whole thing is a feel good project for folks who will not deal with the real problems … the fact that hundreds of millions of gallons of raw sewage discharge into the sound from around 300 overflow outlets every year. Last time I looked at the numbers there were somewhat more than 300 events each year that dumped raw sewage into the sound.

It is just SO much easier to make a law to stop a tiny little sailboat from leaving a turd in its wake once or twice a month than to clean up the real shit of local and state politics that allow massive pollution to continue.

You guys want to borrow the costume?

[QUOTE=Emrobu;192260]

You guys want to borrow the costume?[/QUOTE]
Is that there one of them geoducks you hear about?

(its Mr. Floatie, for the rest of you)

http://www.kingcounty.gov/services/environment/wastewater/cso-status.aspx

[QUOTE=Emrobu;192260]You guys want to borrow the costume?[/QUOTE]

OH! OH! Can I dressup as Mr. Hankey next Halloweeen?

[QUOTE=Steamer;192258]The whole thing is a feel good project for folks who will not deal with the real problems … the fact that hundreds of millions of gallons of raw sewage discharge into the sound from around 300 overflow outlets every year. Last time I looked at the numbers there were somewhat more than 300 events each year that dumped raw sewage into the sound.

It is just SO much easier to make a law to stop a tiny little sailboat from leaving a turd in its wake once or twice a month than to clean up the real shit of local and state politics that allow massive pollution to continue.[/QUOTE]

Back around 2004 or so, I got a notice that we had “volunteered” to be in compliance with ECOPRO. We had just lost premium OT in the contract because of OPA90 hours restrictions. When I mentioned that after bunkering and chasing new-build bugs in the IG system, the ecopro audit would put me over my OPA90 hours, I was told to learn to better manage my time. That’s when I sent in for a pension work-up. Capt Laura Stratton with ECOPRO was interesting to deal with…

well, maybe with the new administration, this nonsense is DOA