Orsted

Offshore wind in the US has been a financial disaster for them.

On the 17th of January 2023 their share price was 704.6 DKK (99.4 USD), today it is 252.5 DKK (35.6 USD), a drop of 64.2%.

Ørsted is pulling out of two projects, but not leaving US Wind altogether:

some of the main issues leading to the decision to abandon the project being supply chain bottlenecks, primarily vessel shortages.

Did they really not consider the number of vessels needed and or available for their own project?

I think they thought they could bully regulators into letting them use any vessel they want, and garuntee maximum ROI with grants, tax waivers, other benefits, etc.

4 Likes

Agree Domer.

Executive Reporter September /October 2023 page 20 “Blowin in the Wind” by G Allen Brooks has the latest information on the wind energy debacle which I have alluded to since its attempted inception.
Poorly planned effort by ignorant bureaucratic
it is hoped that those knuckle draggers who cannot disseminate information on their own will benefit from its reading

The Magazine is the Maritime Executive Sorry for the mistake.

again, maybe try to post article from a less obviously biased source.

1 Like

I reviewed the data myself and came up with my opinion.
that being not satifactory to you I come up with an articule that draws the same conclusion as mine.

now you say he is a Biased Source.

what more can you possibly want. you dont see and wind mills do you?
you dont see any shore shovel ready projects relative to the wind farms on shore do you?

SO, you can just sit there and brood over the debacle that you deny is happening

What is the difference between placing wind turbines onshore and offshore?:

Worldwide limitations:
Offshore wind is more consistent, has no obstructions like buildings and hills etc. No height restrictions and less NIMBYs. Thus higher capacity turbines can be installed.

Onshore wind is weaker, less consistent and may be obstructed by terrain, or buildings. More regulations and NIMBYs. Height restrict limit the capacity per turbine installed.

1 Like

Offshore wind is a lot more expensive to maintain.

Over the lifetime of a wind farm onshore wind farms have far cheaper O&M costs.

1 Like

Can’t agree more,

Is that so based on mW installed capacity?