Old Maritrans Barge Explodes

One of the old Deep Notch barges that Maritrans sold to Nigeria exploded in Lagos. There are reports of 4 injuried.

[ATTACH]2815[/ATTACH]

Which one was that?

I believe it was the 215. It is the only Deep Notch that was not Doubled Hulled.

Quite a few of the old boats that I worked on are now over there and re-flagged. I hope that more of them do not end up this way.

At least they are not reporting any deaths due to the explosion and we all know how they report only the truth.

Two years ago the former US Shipping ITB Jacksonville exploded in Nigeria as well.

They also crashed the former Coast Guard High Endurance Cutter we gave them on their way to Nigeria.

When I was in Lagos a few years ago, I saw one of Crowley’s old tugs (either the APACHE or the BLACKHAWK) in the harbor. If I recall, it was called SENATORS or something like that back then. It hadn’t yet burned up or sunk (unlike 40% of the vessels in port).

I think I am seeing a pattern here. They seem to do the same thing with everything they touch including their entire continent.

[QUOTE=BMCSRetired;94892]I think I am seeing a pattern here. They seem to do the same thing with everything they touch including their entire continent.[/QUOTE]

Well, certainly the western equatorial portion . . . although Cameroon isn’t too bad, in a relative way. Oh, and Ivory Coast, at least between the coups. . . .

They better figure out how to run these things… There’s only so much shit we have to sell them!