Oil Spill Clean up

Howdy all, just got back from the spill area…

I’m somewhat restricted as far as reporting volumes recovered,companies involved and any other specifics,but the folks working the clean up effort are doing their best to get as much picked up as they can…The thought is that every gallon we pick up is one less that will reach shore…

The people I worked with were extremely professional and knew their business well…I look forward to working with them again as this terrible situation looks like it will be a long operation…

Shell

Glad to finally have you back, I’ve missed your posts. Thanks for all your hard work out there.
What are you gonna do with all that $$$ you made?

Thanks NS,…I suppose I will donate the majority of it to my Government for the greater good of all…My wife has dibs on the remainder…The upside is I never have to carry a wallet this way…

How was your trip to China?

[QUOTE=Shellback;33371]Thanks NS,…I suppose I will donate the majority of it to my Government for the greater good of all…My wife has dibs on the remainder…The upside is I never have to carry a wallet this way…

How was your trip to China?[/QUOTE]

I just learned how much work taking a ship into the yards is…If you’re not 6 levels down in the holds taking access covers off, you’re 3 levels above the main deck on catwalks taking down heavy, greasy turnbuckles. Took my body over a week to feel normal again. I’d do it again though, lotsa OT…

Shell, Figured that you would be down there. You heading back soon? And thanks for your gratuitous donation to your gov’t. I’m looking forward to my healthcare. Oh, wait…
SWO, lucky it wasn’t a tanker.

Health care? I thought my money was going to help out illegal aliens who got screwed on their mortgages…There just isn’t enough to go around, sorry Paul…

I plan on it but for now I will go back to my boat here on the West Coast…

SWO, sounds like you gained some more experience, good deal…

Hello shellback how did you go about getting information on employment for he oil spill? Any info. would be appreciated.

I already work for a spill response company…When this thing happened my company called in additional personnel within the company to assist…You might look up MSRC and NRC to see what info is available on their websites…Good luck…