Oil Spill Cartoons "The Junk Shot", "Relief Well"

A few cartoons for the guys “on location”, to lighten up their weekend… from our friends at the Coast Guard Blog.

Junk Shot:

Relief Well:

More here:
http://cgblog.org/2010/06/04/visually-understand-the-deepwater-horizon-incident-and-efforts-humor/

I hesitated to write this but after mulling it over, f*** em. I find absolutely no humor in this whole situation. To me this is a perfect example of their lack of understanding and compassion for what happens in the real world. If half of what we read is true this is going to have major consequences and effect the lives of millions for years to come. How about them using their imaginations to come up with some solutions?!

I think they’re funny as hell. Nothing wrong with stepping back and laughing at something some artist made up.

Everybody involved is busting ass to do everything they can. I’m tired of the anger directed towards the one directly trying to fix it, they didn’t cause this. They are just the janitors having to clean up the day after. The anger is misdirected and needs to be directed to finding out what caused this to happen.

Sadly the only real solution is to drill the relief wells. Most don’t understand this so they keep having to do all this hair brained shit to make the public believe they are are doing something.

Deepwater drilling has been equated to sending a man to the moon. The current tragedy is like having a space capsule suck in orbit around the dark side of the moon, the logical solution is to send up another shuttle to bring back the stuck crew, but that takes time to prep and train for. Granted you want the stuck crew to keep trying what ever they can just in case something worked, but still your best bet is a rescue ship, just like the relief wells are our best option.

[QUOTE=Jemplayer;35455] Deepwater drilling has been equated to sending a man to the moon.[/QUOTE]

BTW I agree…BUT if that statement is valid…then gee whiz isn’t all this technology just the most devine jim dandy wonderful thing man ever concieved??right up there with fire, the wheel and sliced bread…ugh!!belch!!grunt!!fart!!technology good!!

I too thought this was funny; though the fact that the spill happened is far from it. I posted these on CGBlog in an effort to lighten the mood of the weekend. As our folks, contractors, and locals are spending their days cleaning up a mess they didn’t create the rest of us are all trying to find a way to either keep the mood light or complain that nobody is doing enough (then there are the other 90% who just go about their day).

~Ryan @ CGBlog

[QUOTE=captjoe;35434] If half of what we read is true this is going to have major consequences and effect the lives of millions for years to come. ![/QUOTE]

One of the major problems is that half of what we read is [B]not[/B] true. From what I see and hear first hand, some of the rest isn’t either, and alot will have to be studied over time. . . time will tell.

Emergency room doctors have some of the most interesting humor. . . stress needs a break. If I could ‘photo shop’ worth a damn, I would put a giant tampon on the back of a supply boat with a BP label on the string. I’m a girl, I’m a captain, I work for(contracted out to) BP, I live in coastal Mississippi, my boat used to serve the DWH, I love shrimp, but I find that image hilarious.

From one paper I scan.