Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) - Foss Maritime Company - Seattle, Washington

ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIESThe position provides day to day operations such as engineering, technical support and guidance for all aspects of the Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU). The …

More…

what on earth could this be? Foss Maritime and MODU’s? Are they getting involved in providing operations management in the Alaskan Arctic? Are my dreams about to come true in 2014?

Did you put in an application?

[QUOTE=coldduck;127184]Did you put in an application?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately I do have the time that Foss is looking for in their solicitation but I still might…HOWEVER WHY IS FOSS LOOKING FOR SUCH A PERSON? This is most bizarre!

[QUOTE=c.captain;127199]unfortunately I do have the time that Foss is looking for in their solicitation but I still might…HOWEVER WHY IS FOSS LOOKING FOR SUCH A PERSON? This is most bizarre![/QUOTE]

As the industry expands and begins to prosper again everyone is branching out in new and sometimes strange directions. I say good for Foss, if they can afford to be looking into MODU’s just imagine what bigger companies with even more capital are doing!

Maybe those new arctic class tugs are gonna be DP too…

Yeah, this is weird. Foss must have gotten or think they are getting a solid contract from somewhere.

It doesn’t look like they are looking for a Marine OIM. It looks like they are looking for someone with a drilling background. Their is a huge difference. It is interesting, but I would give this a wide berth until I knew more about the situation.

This could be the answer…an oil spill response barge for Shell’s arctic endeavors.

“Late last week, Superior laid off all but a handful of its Bellingham employees. By email, it told them they were welcome to apply for jobs with Foss Maritime, the Seattle contractor that will take over running the Arctic Challenger for Shell.”

[QUOTE=shipengr;127276]This could be the answer…an oil spill response barge for Shell’s arctic endeavors.

“Late last week, Superior laid off all but a handful of its Bellingham employees. By email, it told them they were welcome to apply for jobs with Foss Maritime, the Seattle contractor that will take over running the Arctic Challenger for Shell.”

http://kuow.org/post/shell-still-aims-arctic-oil-drilling-despite-mishaps[/QUOTE]

BINGO! By jove man I think you’ve got it!

thanks!

[QUOTE=c.captain;127279]BINGO! By jove man I think you’ve got it!

thanks![/QUOTE]

By jove I think she’s got it!

//youtu.be/uVmU3iANbgk

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;127280]By jove I think she’s got it![/QUOTE]

By jove…me thinks thou-est is a loon!

Mais bien sur!

I do believe they want someone that Has a deep knowledge of how a wellplan works and has direct knowledge or education on how to kill a well
. Not a skillset typically found with tug masters

[QUOTE=mainecheng;128068]I do believe they want someone that Has a deep knowledge of how a wellplan works and has direct knowledge or education on how to kill a well
. Not a skillset typically found with tug masters[/QUOTE]

no, not the kind of man Foss would have already in their pocket but certainly available if the $$$ are there and we all know it is

The barge owned by Crowley is classed as a MODU they just need someone to be in charge of it. The response and well control is handled by superior.

[QUOTE=rshrew;128077]The barge owned by Crowley is classed as a MODU they just need someone to be in charge of it. The response and well control is handled by superior.[/QUOTE]

I thought Crowley sold the barge to Shell or was it to Superior who is chartering it to Shell? In any event, I am wondering then what Foss’s role in all this is?

[QUOTE=rshrew;128077]The barge owned by Crowley is classed as a MODU they just need someone to be in charge of it. The response and well control is handled by superior.[/QUOTE]

No, Not classed as MODU. To my Knowledge at any rate.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=c.captain;128080]I thought Crowley sold the barge to Shell or was it to Superior who is chartering it to Shell? In any event, I am wondering then what Foss’s role in all this is?[/QUOTE] Shell is not the owner. Foss and Crowley are bringing Tugs to the game. Some for Ops some for OSR.

found it…It’s classed as a FOI (floating off shore installation)

[QUOTE=c.captain;128080]I thought Crowley sold the barge to Shell or was it to Superior who is chartering it to Shell? In any event, I am wondering then what Foss’s role in all this is?[/QUOTE]

No Shell did not buy. You must be talking bout the Tuuk or TUK. There is also the American Trader (FOSS)