NOAA.gov and most associated web sites
are unavailable.

Only web sites necessary to protect lives
and property will be maintained.

See Weather.gov for critical weather
information or contact USA.gov for more
information about the shutdown.

From Military Sealift Command

GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN: As a U.S. Navy Working Capital Fund, MSC remains open and continues to operate with existing cash reserves for the immediate future…

And they posted to this video…

//youtu.be/KdEKBejcP0Q

Mike - USMMA closed? You’re kidding?

Grab your popcorn. Can’t wait for C.Captain to read that.

Btw - State schools are running along just fine.

edit - read more: http://marinelog.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4722:government-shut-down-closes-kings-point&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=195

Air Force says travel for intercollegiate athletics cancelled due to shutdown, sold out Navy vs. Air Force game MAY be cancelled this Saturday. Shit’s getting real.

NOAA personnel on furlough too!!! :frowning:

[QUOTE=“Mikey;121658”]From U.S. Naval Academy

[/QUOTE]

Oh booooohoooo.

Catherder, where are you stuck at? I’m stuck in beautiful Newport, OR!!!

I was scheduled this coming Thursday to test myself. I was telling one of the guys I work with how I am kind of surprised I didn’t receive some kind of automated email regarding the REC being shut down. He said I didn’t receive one probably because there was no one there to send it or have the system send it lol

Oh well I have more time to study now.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;121664]Mike - USMMA closed? You’re kidding?

Grab your popcorn. Can’t wait for C.Captain to read that.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. sweet music to my ears but wait! The KP Marching Band is furloughed so the muzak has died! Capt. Kenneth R. Force, USMS must be seriously depressed right now!

I hope he is drinking heavily tonight.

[QUOTE=sailorman1981;121699]Catherder, where are you stuck at? I’m stuck in beautiful Newport, OR!!![/QUOTE]

I was augmenting in Norfolk, so I am home. Lucky me. The FA will be back your way in a couple of days, I spent the summer on her and ended up in Newport a few weeks with the generator issues. How is the weather now? I hear it’s getting really crummy! Tell Julie at Hoovers I said hi! I think she’ll know who I am.

I’m curious, does this effect the publication of NTM / LNTM and Coast Pilot updates?

From what I hear, no it hasn’t

[QUOTE=Capt. Phoenix;121841]I’m curious, does this effect the publication of NTM / LNTM and Coast Pilot updates?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. Only civilians at the Coast Guard are involuntarily locked out. Those wearing the bus driver uniform are still working.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;121849]Probably not. Only civilians at the Coast Guard are involuntarily locked out. Those wearing the bus driver uniform are still working.[/QUOTE]

How are you enjoying your unpaid vacation, Mr. Cavo? I’m getting into senseless flame-fests on the internet and tearing my hair out at the bone-heads at the SIU. I think I’ll hop on the motorcycle and take a mental health break this afternoon.

Normally I might have taken a few hours to go kayaking. But all the access points to the whitewater bits of the Potomac are NPS land, and closed and it’s been too dry for any of the other nearby stuff. Been keeping busy with procrastinated jobs around the house, but that’s starting to get old.

I heard the shit really hits the fan if there is no budget by October 17th and we default on our debt.

No more low interest loans from other countries and you patriotic investors with US Savings Bonds are SOL.

Interesting times.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;121855]Normally I might have taken a few hours to go kayaking. But all the access points to the whitewater bits of the Potomac are NPS land, and closed and it’s been too dry for any of the other nearby stuff. Been keeping busy with procrastinated jobs around the house, but that’s starting to get old.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the honey do list. I have done the grocery shopping and some housework, but I was counting on some OT from the ship I’ve been booted from to buy some tile for the bedroom. Not gonna happen this month. Mr. Catherder forked out almost an entire paycheck to fix his aging pickup truck, that hurt, too.

At least I’m home, others are stranded, including people who went home on Quality of Life leave and now they are stuck. Those tickets are paid for by the gov’t and all official travel has stopped.

I see the Lasker is still running around- I think they are on a sea trial (finally) and since I know that some of the crew went home, I wonder who is sailing her? Weird.

Do you say that because he runs the Alcoholics Anonymous at KP?

Catherder,

The Lasker has not been officially delivered yet. A contract crew provided by the yard is at the helm currently until delivery.

BTW, I went to Hoovers two nights ago, I guess julie(?) must of served me. Sorry I didn’t say hi for you.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;121856]I heard the shit really hits the fan if there is no budget by October 17th and we default on our debt.

No more low interest loans from other countries and you patriotic investors with US Savings Bonds are SOL.

Interesting times.[/QUOTE]

The list is mostly self-generated. Since I’m home and looking at the stuff more, it’s harder to ignore. At least hockey season starts for me his weekend and I paid the league fees already, so that should help on the stress. I’m fearing this will drag into the debt ceiling fight and will last through the month. I’m not holding out much that they will give us back pay like they did the last time this happened. I’m also trying without success to find out when they will pay us for the 6 days of this current pay period that started in FY 13. There’s no reason that should be delayed as it’s money from the last fiscal year, but I’m sure they’ll find a way…