Oceanics School

Hi Richard,
The Oceanics School closed shop a year or 2 after I graduated in 1978. It started up again under the name Prince Henry College for a couple of years but they are no longer around at all.
Jill

LOVE these pictures, they sure brought back some happy memories!
Jill

Got some very sad news today. Chick Gallagher died. This is his obituary.:frowning:

[ATTACH]3339[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=JP;106651]Got some very sad news today. Chick Gallagher died. This is his obituary.:frowning:

[ATTACH]3339[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Very sad news as I met Chick a couple of times, when I was Second Mate on the [I]Yankee Clipper [/I]when the Oceanics charted her from Windjammer Cruises, 74 - 75. Sailed around the West Indies for six months with the school. The Gallagher’s son, I think his name was Chip, sailed with us as second engineer.

John

Sally at Safe Travels by Sally just posted this article about my experience with the Oceanics. I wish more people were able to do this sort of thing. It was a fantastic experience and one I’ll never forget. It really did change my life.
http://safetravelsbysally.com/2016/06/03/oceanics-school-sailing-the-world/

HI was there too…we sailed the Carribean sea…got into a big storm…ripped a hole in the hull…got way layed in Carriacou…