Obama Issues 6 month Moratorium on Deep Sea Drilling SOB!

Tough times for everyone M8, not a thing we can do about it save blame someone else pick up the peaces and try to make the best of things. Hope things get better for us Sailors sometime in the future. On a related note, I heard from someone that MMp has some vacancies in the Great lakes ive never worked inland before though, Can anyone verify this?

[QUOTE=rigdvr;36994]all over the bayou. Heard it from various captains with a variety of companies. On my 2 weeks off now and Ive gotten at least 4 or five different texts. I usually pay little mind to the dock gossip but its been coming from a vaiety of folks and a deepwater closure for an extended peiod could sure hurt the companies heavily involved in deepwater support like ECO, Hornbeck, ect.

I hope for all our sakes that its simply rumor b/c where ECO leads the rest of us seem to follow.

Not trying to rock the boat but I knew there were guys with the company here that are straight shooters.[/QUOTE]

There has been no notice from ECO management to that effect, but by November, there will be a lot of companies hurting with this ban on drilling. Chouest is not immune to that and neither is anyone else in the business.

From what I am hearing from the docks here in Fourchon and directly from HOS management, we may be unstacking a couple boats! They seem to be concerned about being able to crew them as all of our boats (50 plus) are currently working and under contract. Including us out here in 4,000 ft of water! So if you are nervous get your applications in. If you want to do something about it. Maybe a letter to your congressman would do some good. My own 2 cents is that it will be shortened and things will move on. If not then I guess a little extra time at home with the family ain’t so bad.

[QUOTE=rigdvr;36948]rumor mill update…

any truth to the one about ECO stacking vessels? Ive heard like 19! I take that with a grain of salt but with their entire fleet pretty much being deepwater its plausable.[/QUOTE]

First I’ve heard of that. And the closest thing to a mention of layoffs was mentioned in passing that if we had any problem children we’ve been wanting to get rid of, now was the time.

We finished an anchor job last week and are cleaning tanks to come off contract, word is we’ve got a few possible jobs in the pipeline(don’t know what) but nothing inked yet. Hopefully we’ll keep on keepin’ on.

Well only Obama could come up with a way to cost America even more money in oil. I don’t understand what happen to his free green power…Don’t you think we need to end the Oil-Age.We also require people in power to listen and act.

Hey, lets try the green way for a couple years. I own some animals, 317 acre farm and lots of guns. For the other 250 million people in this country, who rely on petroleum to get food, lights and clothes there could be a small issue…