Norway is really awesome

I’ll take your word for it because I’m not trying anything that translates to Ass Glitter Water.

2 Likes

It is NATURELL you know!!

By the time we get to tap into the water flow, all the H20 has been evaporated out, leaving only minerals, metals, and farm fertilizer run-off. It has an unmistakable flavor profile :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
The local craft brewers trying to land the IBU (International Bittering Units) record by adding excessive hops overcomes the water flavor, though.
Much of the water is recycled beer, anyway, as there are several college-age party destinations upstream along the Colorado River.

4 Likes

Check out this video of a landslide in Norway:

1 Like

Nobody reported missing or injured due to the avalanche. One person evacuated as his house is in danger of being swallowed up by avalanches.still ongoing.

A dog was swept out to sea, but managed to get ashore and was rescued by a Seaking SAR helicopter:

The Quick Clay Landslide at Rissa - 1978 (English commentary)

1 Like

Very informative. Thanks.
Luckily most houses in Norway are built on solid granite bedrock, but there are quick clay in many places as well.
(Incl. on the island were I grew up. Some land is still off limit for housing due to known quick clay)
I presume it also exists in part of North America that was also ice covered and later under water?

On a very different note.
This is Norwegian Crayfish that exists in deep, cold water all around the coast and in the fjords.

Good eating and available all year:

Anybody here that have tried it?
Does it exist any place in North American waters?

PS> AKA Norwegian Lobster apparently:

1 Like

Quick clay is found only in northern countries, such as Russia, Canada, Norway, Sweden, and Finland, and in Alaska, United States since they were glaciated during the Pleistocene epoch. In Canada, the clay is associated primarily with the Pleistocene-era Champlain Sea, in the modern Ottawa Valley, the St. Lawrence Valley, and the Saguenay River regions.[1]

We have a species in New Zealand we call scampi. Same appearance, a blue and white colour when caught and turning red when cooked. They are a deep water catch and most are exported.

Norway is number one in terms of renewable energy in Europe thanks to all that hydro power.

Details behind the fact that Norway is #1 in Europe on renewable energy:

Looks like a couple Norwegians ran afoul of the COVID policies in Labrador:

Don’t know what this has to do with Norwegian awesomeness, (or Electricity production)

It appears to have more to do with the paranoia that the world is infected by over Corona-19.
If they came from Greenland, had been at sea for 10 days, showed no symptoms and did not test positive for Covid-19, they very likely did not pose any problem for the native population.

Beside, Maritime Law says that “safe heaven should be granted in an emergency”:

2 Likes

Norway is number 1 in Europe for supermarket beer prices!

1 Like

I would be bankrupt before I got a headache.

1 Like

Good!! You’d save on Aspirin.

Just took some salmon out of the freezer for dinner. Instead of 1st grade Pacific salmon from New Zealand I find it is inferior Atlantic salmon from Norway! Fobbing the cheap stuff onto us again, the next time I will be looking closely at the origin!

1 Like

Looks like there are not enough King Salmon to go around so the suppliers are importing Atlantic Salmon to feed the hungry Kiwis:

A guide to the different types of Salmon on the market:

NZ are learning from Norway and hope to be a major Aquaculture power in the future:

BTW: Salmon farms around the world are mostly Norwegian owned and operated and are using Norwegian technology and equipment.