No U.S. Bailout for Major Cruise Lines

I do not defend murder, nor do I condone accusing an entire worldwide industry of behaving in a immoral or dangerous way. Many cruise lines have shut down their operation to avoid contaminating their pax, crews and the ports they may otherwise visit (if they are allowed)

I also don’t condone refusing to help when a ship need assistance to get treatment for sick people on board. Take the necessary precaution to protect the personnel involved, the medical staff and general public, like you would for any other operation involving patients contaminated with a contagious disease.
It is the moral and right thing to do and applies to all nations (No many follow)

For seafarers, I hope you are afforded help when you need it, no matter where in the world you may be.

For the Masters on here; I hope you NEVER find yourself in the same situation as the Master of Zaandam and many other ships are in now.

PS> I remember the subject of when to use MayDay was discussed here;

Would you have used it if you were faced with the possibility of dozens of people dying on board? (Within sight of a safe port)