New Presidential Executive Order RE: Somalia Piracy

Dear All-

On April 13, 2010, President Obama issued an Executive Order and Message to Congress. These were posted on the Maritime Law Association which has a Piracy Committee of which I am a Member. The Order represents a clear recognition by the Obama Administration of the seriousness of the piracy situation off the coast of Somalia as it relates to the safety and welfare of our U.S. Mariners, Foreign Mariners and international trade and transport. As I interpret this Order, it makes illegal the payment of any ransom as a result of capture of a mariner and/or maritime goods or property. They are attached for your perusal and comment.

[QUOTE=Jones Act;30752]Dear All- On April 13, 2010, As I interpret this Order, it makes illegal the payment of any ransom as a result of capture of a mariner and/or maritime goods or property.[/QUOTE]

seems like a “no brainer”…my interpretation…if that is the case…then this so called “excecutive order” should be considered a death sentence for any US mariner unfortunate enough to be captured during any act of piracy in any part of the world!!

Let me see if I have this straight…

We can’t have guns to defend ourselves and our ships.
And now we can’t pay ransom to free ourselves and out ships when we get our asses in a crack because we couldnt defend ourselves?

Thanks again gubmint! :mad:

ETA: I wouldn’t have a problem with this if it were accompanied by specific steps taken by the government to improve security for our mariners and vessels working in this part of the world. It just strikes me as another narrow minded government “fix” that never offers any real solutions. Kind of on par with the whole no child left behind act, but no funding to make it work.

[QUOTE=TxKingfisher;30768]Let me see if I have this straight…

We can’t have guns to defend ourselves and our ships.
And now we can’t pay ransom to free ourselves and out ships when we get our asses in a crack because we couldnt defend ourselves?

Thanks again gubmint! :mad:[/QUOTE]

Greeeaaaatttt! More “feel good” actions by the Government. It makes the politicians “feel good” to be “doing something” even if what they do is a sum zero or has a negative effect. :mad: :ape-fucking-shit:

Huh, I guess the “ape fucking shit” smiley went away. :frowning:

A sales Sales Leads or Sales Lead, is the identification of a individual or entity that has the curiosity and authority to buy a item or company. This step represents the initially stage of a product sales course of action. The lead could have a corporation or enterprise related (a B2B lead) with the individual(s). Product sales leads are generic leads - i.e a person indicators up for a form of give, alternatively of a certain business or brand name. arrive from possibly lead era organizations processes these kinds of as trade honest|trade exhibits, immediate marketing, promoting, Net marketing, spam, gimmicks, or from revenue individual prospecting things to do these as cold calling. For a income lead to qualify as a product sales prospect, or equivalently to move a lead from the method action revenue lead to the procedure gross sales prospect, qualification should be performed and evaluated. Typically this requires identifying by direct interrogation the lead’s products applicability, availability of funding and time frame for acquire. This is also the entry stage of a income tunnel, sales funnel or revenue pipeline.