www.thenavalarch.com launches the Two-Hook, Two-Point lift design spreadsheet based on DNV
Two hook – two point lifts are characterized by a delicate balance between two hooks, and factors like tilt in cargo and COG envelope need to be accounted for.
This app is a comprehensive calculator for two-hook two-sling lifts. It can be used to design a new lift configuration using two slings and two cranes, or it can be used to verify an existing one. It follows the latest DNV-ST-N-001 guidelines.
- It calculates the design load, the Dynamic Amplification Factor (DAF), and point loads
- It checks the crane lifting capacity, tilt angle, and calculates the lift point load
- The resulting forces and angles can be used to design/check the pad-eye for lifting
- It also provides an elaborate sling design sheet based on DNV-ST-N-001
- Sling Design can be done for Vertical Hitch, Choker Hitch or Basket Hitch
For more information, please visit