NEO and beyond

No I don’t. I’ll ask around but don’t hold your breath.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;185593]The standard Federal gov’t per diemfor Norfolk is $89 per day. That’s what most hotels give as the normal “government rate.” It doesn’t sound like a special rate given in return for consistent high volume. Making a lot of rooms available at that rate might be a concession, some limit the number of rooms they will give at the government rate.[/QUOTE]

I checked into the Wyndham this week, and the paper that I signed for (no pets, no smoking, etc) had the price of $45/night. Not saying this is true, could be an outdated prefilled form, but Im guessing this may be the rate MSC negotiated with the hotel.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=cali deckie;185357]I starting at MSC in a few weeks most of the stuff for NEO on here is outdated the hotel they are sending us to is the Wyndham in Norfolk and the Sheraton in Eatontown is the hotel in New Jersey. The question I do have are… How long should i expect to be in New Jersey as a third mate? How long of a wait is it in the Pool? Can we still choose to wait in the pool in SD? I’ve seen some of you posting how many MSC has at each position, How many thirds do they currently have versus supposed to have(this used to be 110)? Feel free to post this info for all the positions[/QUOTE][B][I] When will the OS new hires get NEO??I’ve been waiting since May 2015 and I’ve not gotten a call yet. Does anyone know??[/I][/B]

Idt they’re hiring entry level right now. Otherwise if you were selected and just waiting for the start date call the CSC and ask them when you’re going to NEO.

I was selected for any entry level back in 2015. I accepted the OS position. I’ve passed 2 physicals waiting to start. But they won’t give me a NEO. I’ve called CSC numerous times and they tell me because of budget they aren’t bringing OS on board right now. :frowning:

CSC told me because of manning, they are only taking on 3rd officers right now.

Same here. I was hired as an AB. I call about every month and get the same answer. Could be in two weeks, 6 months, or even a year. I was cleared fit for duty back in March. I am just holding my breath an hope they call sooner than later.

I got hired as a 2nd mate and I’ve been cleared and fit for duty for 2 months. They tell me to keep calling every 3 weeks waiting on a NEO date. One hell of a process. Over 7 months since I applied.

I finally got a call. I go to NEO in Aug 22nd. Yeah!!

congrats on the call Mack. GLMA they have been slotting a few second and chief mates in with each of the new hire classes. Most of the new hires are this years academy grads though

[QUOTE=Mack;188441]I finally got a call. I go to NEO in Aug 22nd. Yeah!![/QUOTE]

Mack congrats. What position was it for and when were you cleared fit for duty? Maybe that will give me an idea when Ill get the call.

My position is OS. I’ve been cleared 2 times because I’ve been waiting since March 2015. My first physical I cleared expired so I had to take another. They finally called after all this time. But it’s worth the wait because I’m going to retire from MSC. The benefits are too good.:cool:

[QUOTE=Mack;188572]My position is OS. I’ve been cleared 2 times because I’ve been waiting since March 2015. My first physical I cleared expired so I had to take another. They finally called after all this time. But it’s worth the wait because I’m going to retire from MSC. The benefits are too good.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Congrats!Hope I get the call soon to.

Thanks. You will eventually get a call. Just be patient and hold on if you can. I had to wait a year. Good Luck!!

I work for msc currently an have for a few years now. Msc is hiring in still will for a hire because we have several new ships coming in an as always we have people leaving msc as well. The hiring process is slow BUT once you get threw all that your normally pretty good from there on. If any of you have questions regarding msc let me know I will ask them best to my knowledge or try an get you the info.

1 Like

Got some bad news today. I called MSC and they said they are on hold as far as sending people to the NEO class. A big bummer. This may take longer than I thought so in the mean time think I am going to go to California and sign up for the SUP.

Has anyone heard anything about the hiring situation there. I called and they said the are taking only about 10 people per class but didn’t say what positions. I am just keeping my fingers crossed they call soon. I don’t feel like going through that security clearance form and physical again. If I don’t get the call by February 17 that’s what I’ll have to do. Maybe I’ll get lucky.

Word is they’re over hired in every job title. Lots of augment 3rd & 2nd mates out in the fleet. They just laid up a couple ships, adding to the glut of personnell.

Except entry level. The announcement just closed. Hiring OS, SU and wipers.

Any word or info on when MSC will be hiring 3rd A/E’s?