"Near Coastal" Map

Near Coastal licenses are for “not more than 200nm from shore”, right? Does anyone know if there is a visual depiction of that anywhere? I’d like to get a sense of what that looks like around the land masses of the US, Alaska, Hawaii, GOM, caribbean, etc… but I have not turned up anything on the interwebs yet.

Thanks gents

Look up “US EEZ”. That is 200nm from baseline and what is used as near coastal for some…

Just take a chart and a pair of dividers. You can soon work it out. Unless there is an incident I doubt that anyone would check down to the nearest mile, but be safe and give yourself a few miles inside the line when planning a passage.

I am not aware of an omnibus near coastal CHART.

Per Coast Guard Navigation and Inspection Circular (NVIC) 07-00: The Coast Guard considers near coast voyages to be within 200 nautical miles of a U.S. shore or within the jurisdictional water of the U.S.

[B][U]Key term is “U.S. shore”. Not Mexico. Not Canada. Not most of the Caribbean.[/U][/B]

Hope this cut and paste is useful:

A Navigation and Vessel Inspection Circular (NVIC) provides detailed guidance about the enforcement or compliance with a certain Federal marine safety regulations and Coast Guard marine safety programs. While NVIC’s are non-directive, meaning that they do not have the force of law, they are important “tools” for complying with the law. Non-compliance with a NVIC is not a violation of the law in and of itself, however non-compliance with a NVIC may be an indication that there is non-compliance with a law, a regulation or a policy.

NVIC’s are used internally by the Coast Guard to ensure that inspections and other regulatory actions conducted by our field personnel are adequate, complete and consistent. Likewise, mariners, the marine industry and the general public use NVIC’s as means of determining how the Coast Guard will be enforcing certain regulations or conducting various marine safety programs. NVIC’s are issued by the Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy (CG-5P) and address a wide variety of subjects, including: vessel construction features; mariner training and licensing requirements; inspection methods and testing techniques; safety and security procedures; requirements for certain Coast Guard regulatory processes; manning requirements; equipment approval methods; and special hazards.