My turn to celebrate!

I’m doing the exact same thing myself. My app is sitting there waiting to be assigned to an evaluator. I applied for Master AGT Inland as well. I’ll be very interested in hearing how things go for you, and I’ll keep you posted.

Roger that dougpine, we’ll keep in touch.

[QUOTE=stevefoster;14447]I don’t know about a t-shirt but you certainly deserve a sincere congrats Capt. Fran. I just submitted my app. to test for 3rd/2nd after 26 years with my 1600/3000 Ocean Master. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Steve and sincere good luck with your upgrade!

Good luck! I am a current USCG approved Celestial Instructor for STCW and I still had to re-take the Celestial Exam going from 1600 to 3M. I would like to hear if you get it waived.

I’m approved to teach Celestial as well, and I’ll ask to have the exam waived. Will let you know how it goes. It’ll be a while, as I’m still waiting to be assigned to an evaluator.

I’ll let you know. Hopefully I’ll get chief Cavo for an evaluator, he’s a reasonable thinking human being and he was instrumental in helping me to acquire copies of my unlimited tonnage A.B. discharges all the way back to 1969… in a reasonably short time I might add. That action will keep me from having to accept an Unlimited Mates License with tonnage restrictions on it.

It’s not printed on your doctor’s license either.

Good job Fran.

[QUOTE=anchorman;14488]It’s not printed on your doctor’s license either.

Good job Fran.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Anchorman!

Cavo doesn’t do evaluations. He’s in charge of the branch that handles course approvals etc.

I heard in the wind he’s leaving NMC for a job in DC.

Well bygollie he should be one…

[QUOTE=Capt. Fran;14083]Just finished my last exam(!!!) and have successfully upgraded my license to:
1600 Ocean Master
3rd Mate Unlimited[/QUOTE]

Argh. NMC did not put my ARPA endorsement on my MMC.

Well crap. I’m assuming it has to be on the MMC to be in effect, yes? (vs. just having the certificate separate like Crowd Mgt). Sumbich.

[quote=Capt. Fran;14565]Argh. NMC did not put my ARPA endorsement on my MMC.

Well crap. I’m assuming it has to be on the MMC to be in effect, yes? (vs. just having the certificate separate like Crowd Mgt). Sumbich.[/quote]

I don’t think they put that on there. They only put a restriction if you don’t have it.

[QUOTE=dougpine;14566]I don’t think they put that on there. They only put a restriction if you don’t have it.[/QUOTE]

That’s great news, thanks Doug!

The saving of the “ink” is adding to the confusion…:cool:

Well…It’s my turn to celebrate…Finally got my first pension check. It’s nice to be paid NOT to show up. Now it’s time for some 12 yr old Flor de Cana!!!

injunear,

congrats…tip one for me…don’t stay on that couch too long…enjoy!!

CONGRATULATONS, Cpt. Fran!!! It was inevitable :slight_smile:
[B]You know that![/B]

[I][quote=dougpine;14476]I’m approved to teach Celestial as well, and I’ll ask to have the exam waived…[/quote][/I]

Save yourself the trouble, unless you find some value in asking and being denied. There is no policy creating a testing exception for instructors.

[I][quote=stevefoster;14487]I’ll let you know. Hopefully I’ll get chief Cavo for an evaluator, he’s a reasonable thinking human being and he was instrumental in helping me to acquire copies of my unlimited tonnage A.B. discharges all the way back to 1969… in a reasonably short time I might add. That action will keep me from having to accept an Unlimited Mates License with tonnage restrictions on it. [/quote][/I]

Thanks, but I won’'t be able to do much on your application. Not only am I not an evaluator, I’m no longer at NMC. I’m now in CG HQ, I traded my 2 hour (each way) commute to West VA for a half-hour to DC.