My First Day at Sea

Tell your story.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;187046]Tell your story.[/QUOTE]

It was a dark and stormy night. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Other than that it was pretty much non eventful. I had no clue but was ready to learn.

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;187052]It was a dark and stormy night. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Other than that it was pretty much non eventful. I had no clue but was ready to learn.[/QUOTE]

Do you remember what ship?

Call me Ishmael.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;187055]Call me Ishmael.[/QUOTE]

//youtu.be/DWxflhZUPt4

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;187054]Do you remember what ship?[/QUOTE]

Titan Uranus… She was a good ship…

[QUOTE=Ea$y Money;187073]Titan Uranus… She was a good ship…[/QUOTE]

I know that one. Uses a Cummins Onan as the emergency genny, ennit?

At the end of my rope breaking up concrete midwinter in seattle I got a call asking if I’d be available as wiper aboard Kaimimoana in Honolulu. The very next day I was aboard my first ever ship as Oiler, first time in honolulu and ready to sail the next day for open ocean and the south seas in my own cabin.
Leaving port I was hanging over the side a little and got my first taste of salt water and soon thereafter my first and last experience with seasickness.
It was a strange enviornment at first and I had no Idea i’d end up being a CME for at the time I didn’t know P from S but only the ‘pointy end’!
And the talk?!, people talking about places around the world they all knew like I would talk about various streets and neighborhoods in Seattle!
A unique profession for Unique individuals and our experiences generally makes people somewhat jealous.