MMC rnwl with DUI

Or had no reason to pay attention to FARs prior to 1985 :wink:

Also 8 hours since your last drink for all and maybe 12 or 24 depending on who you fly for.
0.04 is pretty low, much lower is not easy to measure. The drunk pilots that have been busted were WAY over that, just like car drivers tend to be.

The problem with further lowering the forensic BAC limit is twofold:

(a) Analytical (as already pointed out by @yacht_sailor ):

• You can measure parts per million of alcohol in a scientific lab with great accuracy and reproducability.
  • A forensically defensible BAC test, however, has to be scaleable in automated clinical chemistry analyzers, commercially viable, robust, and uses “messy” sample material (e.g. blood), all factors which inherently increase analytical noise.

(b) Alcohol content in “non-alcoholic” beverages and foods, especially those employing yeast fermentation may introduce a legally defensible “background level”. By the way, these may be sources of inadvertent alcohol ingestion in children. Of these, fruit and juices are most relevant, since nobody is likely to drink a bottle of soy sauce or vinegar in one go :wink:

• So-called alcohol-free beer (up to 0.5 Vol%)
  • Root beer (up to 0.5 Vol%)
  • Fruit juices (0.2 - 1.0 Vol%)
  • Ripe fruit (0.2 - 0.4 g/100g)
  • Burger rolls (up to 1 g/100g)
  • Rye bread (0.2 g/100g)
  • Soy sauce (2 Vol%)
  • Vine vinegar ( 2-3 Vol%).

The OP, however, seems to have fled, anyway…

1 Like

Reminds me of the in-country “base manager” that made us get rid of cooking wine in the galley. Tried everything to reason with him about how unpalatable it is by itself. Still had to dump it as he watched. After that we had our amazing cook transfer it to squirt bottles as soon as it came in and peace was restored.

Sorry, little off-topic, but there is always someone that will try to make a case regardless of how realistic it is. Just look at everybody’s abject fear of poppy seeds in the industry.

It does seem like they can make you fail a drug test:

The bottom line
It’s possible that even just one bagel or muffin highly loaded with poppy seeds can lead to a positive urine drug test.
Drug screening is becoming more common as part of the recruitment process for jobs. It’s also required if you’re trying to qualify for medical or life insurance.
If you’re going to be taking a drug test, it’s a good idea to avoid any products containing poppy seeds for at least two or three days before the test. That poppy seed cake may taste delicious, but it could cost you your job or insurance coverage.

Ages ago the hippie health food store at the beach where I went to flight school sold “Peruvian Energy Tea” that would earn you a bust, it had coca leaves in it. They got some negative attention when a few people figured out it made them fail a test and the tea got banned.

edit - you’ll fail a 0.04 test if they get you right after using mouthwash I think.

No I don’t know anything about the OP. Except what he posted.
From my perspective. It is a problem is when alcohol adversely impacts your life.
The OP indicted his life has been adversely affected. A DUI and fears the affect will be loss of his license employment and livelihood.
People who have a problem. Take the risk even though it might be irrational because they have a problem. Do some people who don’t have a problem take the risk. Yes.
Do they do it twice?
Unfortunately, often by the time someone is ready to accept they have a problem. Their job and livelihood are already gone.
The OP might not be ready to hear this yet.

The first piece of advice is that you only disclose convictions, not arrests or charges. Not necessarily for you but anyone reading.

Tell your lawyer to plead the case out to a charge that is not DUI, an NDR no no offense or otherwise disqualifying. District Attorneys do this all the time.

When the NMC sends you a letter asking for more information about your conviction. You can tell them it was a mistake and that you have NOT been convicted yet.

Or just get a new career.

Make sure your lawyer is familiar with the definition of conviction in 46 CFR 10.107

First I say,“THANKS JOE HAZELWOOD”! Second, I got two DUI’s back in the 80’s before new “Exxon Valdez rules”. I have to keep claiming both of them on renewal even thought 1st, was a guilty plea and second got dismissed. Once I didn’t claim 2nd. one and CG made me fill out a statement after the fact. You should be ok. Just be upfront and factual! Good luck!

1 Like

Your drinking problem would explain your poor choice in politicians.

You are quite the douchecanoe! I am fighting pancreatic cancer now. I guess that too explains my poor choices too, in your warped mind! Get a life, dude! I quit drinking like that in 1990. Are you a freaking teetotaler? YOU NEED a drink!