Matsuda stepping down

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;109314] The more Submariners running things the better![/QUOTE]

I’ve got a pair of dolphins in my desk drawer that scream out loud that the fewer military/industrial double dipping hacks and pretenders running around inside or outside the Beltway, the better off this world would be.

The mission of MARAD is: “To improve and strengthen the U.S. marine transportation system to meet the economic, environmental and security needs of the Nation.”

It does this by committing a third of its employees to running King’s Point? Gimme an effing break. I believe we could simply dissolve MARAD, sell KP to a real estate developer, and use the money to make real progress in that mission. I don’t see providing retirement jobs for well-connected former grunts and swabbies as improving or strengthening the US marine transportation system.

When those people start thinking that running the nation’s industry is no different than running a submarine, a prison, or a tank or aircraft carrier and believe they are fit to set political policy we end up in exactly the sort of place we are in now … really deep shit and on the way to selling off what precious little remains of our industrial capital.

Those bastards are the polar opposite of patriots, they are nothing other than minions to those who will only profit more from turning the US into a banana republic.

[QUOTE=Mikey;109235]Soo does this mean we have to retire this??[QUOTE]

No, just change the name and save it for the next porker that shows up.[ATTACH]3435[/ATTACH]

Here is one I particularly like. It seems the Africans don’t mind calling a pig a pig.

Well for a start I can say with the name “Chip”, this guy is already starting with an overdrawn account!

ten characters

You are forgetting one critical point, I have spent most of my career on ships so I have absolutely no experience inside the beltway (or in an office for that matter).

[QUOTE=john;109480]You are forgetting one critical point, I have spent most of my career on ships so I have absolutely no experience inside the beltway (or in an office for that matter).[/QUOTE]

I’m sure I’ll get some response, but as fun as it is speculating on who the new maritime administrator is going to be, the reality is congress has already decided and they are going to move Chip Jaenichen from Acting Maritime Administrator to full fledged Maritime Administrator.
Three reasons given

1. Already been doing the job for 6 months
  2. Naval Academy Grad
  3. Retired Navy Captain
    This is what’s being said and floated around the congressional hall

[QUOTE=leadline;109491]I’m sure I’ll get some response, but as fun as it is speculating on who the new maritime administrator is going to be, the reality is congress has already decided and they are going to move Chip Jaenichen from Acting Maritime Administrator to full fledged Maritime Administrator.
Three reasons given

1. Already been doing the job for 6 months
  2. Naval Academy Grad
  3. Retired Navy Captain
    This is what’s being said and floated around the congressional hall[/QUOTE]

Congress doesn’t choose agency heads, they can only confirm/deny (You should have learned that in 5th grade social studies).

[QUOTE=jdcavo;109493]Congress doesn’t choose agency heads, they can only confirm/deny (You should have learned that in 5th grade social studies).[/QUOTE]

I realize what congress does but the talk is that congressional leaders want him to be maritime administrator.
Also the current administration does not care about MARAD or the industry so they are going to defer to congress to pick the new administrator.

Right. I forgot you have direct access to inside info